The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

On 6/22/2017 at 5:05 AM, DrumcorpEast said:

First time poster here..... Admittedly a little nervous and apprehensive. But here we go:

Garfield - Something by Berstein or Holsinger

Crossmen -  Coconut Champagne 

Cavaliers - Soundtrack of Fight Club (Here?)

Vanguard - New World Symphony 

Blue Devils - Trombone Shorty (With Baritones)

Phantom - Chopin 

bEASTcoast <3

Great list but my favorite is Phantom Regiment - Chopin Prelude. Garfield Cadets - something new from Bernstein's score comes in at a close second.

Edited by minitroz

In addition to being a great movie, Wonder Woman has some excellent music that is right in-line with "modern" drum corps. Especially now that there are trombones. The end credits music is fast-paced, percussive, and I love the glissandi at 1:40.

• Like 1

And the extended Soundtrack version...

22 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

In addition to being a great movie, Wonder Woman has some excellent music that is right in-line with "modern" drum corps. Especially now that there are trombones. The end credits music is fast-paced, percussive, and I love the glissandi at 1:40.

As a trombone player, I was thrilled by that portion of the closing credits music!

DCI needs more Bach on the field. I loved when SCV programmed some in 2015, as well as Crown's use of the Little Fugue this year.

This one has been played a few times already, but I've rarely, if ever, heard the Fugue section played in drum corps (which starts at 2:40).

Also, the Air on the G String (a.k.a. the Air from Suite No. 3 in D Major), which has never been played before other than by marching bands, would be a perfect fit for Phantom. Just listen to the opening melody and tell me you can't hear a flugel soloist playing that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

DCI needs more Bach on the field. I loved when SCV programmed some in 2015, as well as Crown's use of the Little Fugue this year.

This one has been played a few times already, but I've rarely, if ever, heard the Fugue section played in drum corps (which starts at 2:40).

Also, the Air on the G String (a.k.a. the Air from Suite No. 3 in D Major), which has never been played before other than by marching bands, would be a perfect fit for Phantom. Just listen to the opening melody and tell me you can't hear a flugel soloist playing that.

brass players like to breathe and stuff, lol

but yeah, i'd love more baroque on the field

i've had a show concept called BaROqKufloating around in my head for awhile. 

would love it to include this nifty little piece by vivaldi

Edited by Lance

Getting source music for SCV's Triumph of Time (also done by BD this year) led me to On Alderley Edge.  I'd love to hear the end of this as a closer.  

Edited by KVG_DC

Ignore what goes on in the video. This soundtrack cue better be somebody's ballad soon. (Especially from 1:30 to 5:24)