The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Could just take the My Chemical Romance "Black Parade" album and run with it.

• Like 2

I have nothing against Les Miserables, ...actually sort of liked the musical... but please, no more Corps doing it, or songs from it again, for awhile now, ok ?

A real quick 3 minute summary of the storyline for those of us here that might've forgot it :

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I have nothing against Les Miserables, ...actually sort of liked the musical... but please, no more Corps doing it, or songs from it again, for awhile now, ok ?

A real quick 3 minute summary of the storyline for those of us here that might've forgot it :

I agree it needs a rest, for about 4 or 5 years,  at least in WC, but I will have to say I thought Pioneer's show last year had some fresh, original elements. I thought the same thing about "West Side Story" needing a rest a few years back. Since that time the Bernstein estate has clamped down on the use of Bernstein's music and I'm ready for it again. I'm hoping Cadets will do "West Side Story" next season. I know lots of people would love Cadets to perform deeper cuts into the Bernstein library, but "West Side Story" would suit me just fine.

51 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

First of all, this is the "Music Corps Should Do" thread, not the "Music Corps Shouldn't Do" thread.

Second of all, I agree, but I'd also love to hear more of the lesser-performed music from Les Mis, such as "Stars" and "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables," on the field someday.

17 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I'm hoping Cadets will do "West Side Story" next season. 

I can appreciate and respect your wish for this.

As for me though... oh gawd, please no. Cadets should do anything but, imo.

18 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'd also love to hear more of the lesser-performed music from Les Mis, such as "Stars" and "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables," on the field someday.

The props possibilities to accompany such songs would be easy to envision too, imo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A marching band I like is playing Randy Edelman's "To the Stars" from Dragonheart. Lovely ballad. Has no corps done that before?

On 11/6/2017 at 1:15 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

A marching band I like is playing Randy Edelman's "To the Stars" from Dragonheart. Lovely ballad. Has no corps done that before?

I've not heard a Corps do it yet either, N.E. Brigand. I concur, its a wonderful possibility for a ballad.

• Like 1