The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

On 7/1/2011 at 5:35 PM, bmt2116 said:

I was just listening to something today and thought that it could really make some amazing field music if arranged properly.

Anybody know the group Jonsi? All of their songs have this bright percussive sound that could translate so well to the field. I could just hear the bluecoats taking something like this on.

OMG

On 9/19/2011 at 1:18 AM, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

Phantom Regiment: Shostakovich Opus 34 No. 14 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

OMG again. We really do have some psychics on this forum.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

2 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

OMG

OMG again. We really do have some psychics on this forum.

there was also a similar thread YEARS ago (when myron rosander was still at vanguard) where I said I would love to see santa clara do 'new moon in the old moons arms' because I thought it was a perfect fit for his drill style , lol

close...

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

On 12/24/2017 at 3:23 PM, mfrontz said:

Been thinking about this. I think BD should bring back 'Tommy.' With the changes in instrumentation and visual interpretation in the activity today it might be stunning what they could do.

I've wanted this to happen for years.

Just check out Sir Arnold Bax Symphony #1 on youtube and listen from the 10:30 mark to 12:00 which would make for a nice ballad arrangement.

The Flute and Clarinet part could  be arranged for solo brass, the strings for ensemble brass. The keyboard percussion could take the harp and the melody is just beautiful.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Starting around 20:45 for Hope, then into Starburst and Canyons.  Helll, the whole Jan. 5th program is good.

http://www.worldofbrassradio.com/

The beginning of Hope has a nice Spanish Toreador Bolero nuance to it.  Kind of reminded me of Stan Kenton and Ravel.

Has any corps done a They Might Be Giants song? I think there's enough to work with in the likes of "Birdhouse in Your Soul", "Particle Man", "Your Racist Friend", "Sold My Mind to the Kremlin", and a number of others.