The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

For that matter, "Countless Screaming Argonauts" would be a good show title.

20 hours ago, HouserCD said:

Just check out Sir Arnold Bax Symphony #1 on youtube and listen from the 10:30 mark to 12:00 which would make for a nice ballad arrangement.

The Flute and Clarinet part could  be arranged for solo brass, the strings for ensemble brass. The keyboard percussion could take the harp and the melody is just beautiful.

love it

thanks!

On 1/6/2018 at 4:54 PM, Eleran said:

A favorite composer of mine.  Used his Sym. 1, mvt. 1, for my DCPI season 23 show, "Mallory"

I came across Sir Arnold Bax while searching for composers whose music is not often played by the major orchestras.  What a wealth of material!!,  but please help me out here, what is DCPI?

1 hour ago, HouserCD said:

I came across Sir Arnold Bax while searching for composers whose music is not often played by the major orchestras.  What a wealth of material!!,  but please help me out here, what is DCPI?

Fantasy drum corps!

The people who geek out about captions and spreadsheets way too much. Also the people who come up with show ideas and don't have outlets for them. For instance, me, who gets bored and thinks up show ideas more or less on a lark.

You should come by and try it. We have off-season seasons, too. http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com/

11 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

the people who come up with show ideas and don't have outlets for them.

This is why I did it for a few seasons.

11 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

The people who geek out about captions and spreadsheets way too much.

This is why I stopped.  I don't give a crap about the scoring minutae and day-to-day change.

Edited by Eleran

How has no one played anything by Claude T. Smith in over 20 years? I nominate Crown to do his technical, upbeat "Danse Folatre."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

This was Hebron high schools opener this past fall and oh my God it was amazing.  

Yep, that's how I found out about the piece.

From that same show, I would also recommend the ballad ("Song of Joy" by Captain & Tennille) to be played by Bluecoats or BD.

• Like 1