The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

It wasn't my favorite drum feature from them but the composer Bluecoats used last year for their drum feature has all sorts of fantastic percussion literature I could totally see on the field.  Boston Crusaders actually used one of his Timpani + Orchestra works in 2010 (Planet Damnation).  

I think that would make for a pretty killer drum feature.  

52 minutes ago, Lance said:

:innocent:

You may be happy this year... Who knows? I mean it would be about time for someone to do that ( Cavaliers did play it a couple of years ago though). Hoping Phantom has it in them...

Edited by jjeffeory

Eric Whitacre recently released his arrangement of the Nine Inch Nails/Johnny Cash song "Hurt," and it's absolutely haunting. Can totally see it arranged as a ballad on the field. The only problem is, given it's Nine Inch Nails, getting at least the sync rights to this song would be tough.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Eric Whitacre recently released his arrangement of the Nine Inch Nails/Johnny Cash song "Hurt," and it's absolutely haunting. Can totally see it arranged as a ballad on the field. The only problem is, given it's Nine Inch Nails, getting at least the sync rights to this song would be tough.

yeah i'd be very surprised if a corps didn't do this

to be clear, it's 100% a NIN song. cash covered it. 

Edited by Lance

1 hour ago, Lance said:

yeah i'd be very surprised if a corps didn't do this

to be clear, it's 100% a NIN song. cash covered it.

True. I just hope that it doesn't become Sound of Silence 2.0 where literally every band and corps is playing it (but knowing my luck, that will probably be the case).

Also, I mainly mentioned Cash because Whitacre uses the lyric from that cover in the line "I wear this crown of ____".

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Thanks 1