The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

I love this topic.  

:)

Around :21 to that big attack at :32 has drum corps brass impact moment written all over it.  I know I've probably posted the main theme a few times but this variation of it in particular just stuck out as something sounding very intense and potentially huge in terms of a musical build.  

I would really like BD to play all the things from La La Land. 

EDIT: Now seeing this was mentioned a couple pages ago - I guess I overlooked it because I didn't see the movie until a few days ago. And Madison would indeed be a great choice! (though I think BD could integrate some tunes from the soundtrack with other material into a larger story)

Edited by kdaddy

Sanctus from Dan Forrest's "Requiem for the Living"  Specifically the latter half of it leading into the string arpeggiation. C'mon Phantom or Crown or OC!

Edited by Toby

13 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

On the subject of Folk Music and me bringing it up in the underrated shows thread, I'd love to hear a huge 80 person world class finalist corps blast that away.  

link

Not only is THIS great,  there is a LOT of other content in this particular folk style.  Dance,  art,  costume, story.  It would be a very cool show  And refreshingly new !  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Not only is THIS great,  there is a LOT of other content in this particular folk style.  Dance,  art,  costume, story.  It would be a very cool show  And refreshingly new !  

Not gonna lie I listened to that stuff for about 2 hours last night.  It's absolutely amazing stuff.  And most of it would translate REALLY easily.  

13 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

On the subject of Folk Music and me bringing it up in the underrated shows thread, I'd love to hear a huge 80 person world class finalist corps blast that away.  

The Cadets listed Song of Schopsko in their rep early on a few years back. I want to say maybe 2007 (certainly sounds like it would fit), but I feel like it was earlier than that.

• Like 1