I don't think all the shows are vapid. The point of my post which you are ignoring is the people don't want to talk about theme and yet it impacts the score so greatly. Please respond directly to the content of my posts and avoid personal attacks.

I've responded to the content of your posts before. It's just hard to keep track of which screen-name you've used and which thread it was on, since you're so keen on spamming the same drivel repeatedly throughout the forum.

But okay... even though I've already asked you this before...

Since theme is the end-all-be-all in your eyes of how a show is scored, how on earth did Tilt (which is apparently just as vapid as Power of 10) manage to beat Promise... An American Portrait (which was choc-a-bloc full of precious theme)??

• Like 2

To follow your line of thinking, how would you fit last year's TILT in this? Since TILT is one of the greatest shows of all time, how was this show so successful then?

They lost to a stronger themed show. Bloo could have won if they directly tied the concept of tilt to the composer being "off kilter," as the show coordinator promised.

They lost to a stronger themed show. Bloo could have won if they directly tied the concept of tilt to the composer being "off kilter," as the show coordinator promised.

Even when you answer a question, you don't answer the question. They asked why it was successful not why it got second. Please address the content of their post and get back to us! Thanks!

An American Portrait[/b] (which was choc-a-bloc full of precious theme)??

Come on.

You sort of answered your own question on that one. The theme in that show was overblown and shrink wrapped in screen-printed plastic.

Theme is one thing, but a frying pan on the head is another.

Come on.

You sort of answered your own question on that one. The theme in that show was overblown and shrink wrapped in screen-printed plastic.

Theme is one thing, but a frying pan on the head is another.

What are you talking about!?!?!?!!?

It spoke to my humanity as an American!!

It stirred my heart-strings of days gone by!!!

IT HAD THEME #########!!!!

• Like 3

Ok, I am cleaning up some posts. Let's keep things on topic/refrain from name calling.

Thank you. I know I've put on a pound of two but "meatbag" is a bit much. Also, this person openly admitted their ban and created a new account knowingly. Isn't that against the ToS? Just wondering.

Even when you answer a question, you don't answer the question. They asked why it was successful not why it got second. Please address the content of their post and get back to us! Thanks!

I call second place failure. With a more developed theme that show could have won. It did well because it was the first to successfully blend recorded synthesized sound with live brass. The cutting edge ending made us forget the first 12 minutes.

I call second place failure.

But how does failure speak to my humanity?

How does failure speak to the audience as a whole and connect to the theme of Tilting?

What does failure express onto the greater whole of DCI and its future?

Was the failure intentional to show the lapse of audience engagement?

Have you even read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War"? I doubt it! Let me know when you have!

I call second place failure. With a more developed theme that show could have won. It did well because it was the first to successfully blend recorded synthesized sound with live brass. The cutting edge ending made us forget the first 12 minutes.

So you're not going to explain how the first 12 minutes of a show about nothing except leaning to one side was able to handily beat a show about the French Revolution.... a show about being lost in space... a show about frickin' IMMORTALITY... a show about what we do, what can happen in just one second....

Not gonna' defend those theme-drenched shows?