BD has an excellent chance of winning - I'd say the best

I put Crown and Cadets in the second most chance level - Crown has GE but Cadets have most potential if they clean

I could get interesting with Bloo as the judges are starting to score their comp/content/rep very high - just behind Cadets and ahead of Crown. Cleaning is a must!

I still think their brass and CG scores are, along with some other subcaptions, consistently too low to make a serious run at the gold, but 2nd or 3rd they're as good a bet as anyone.

Did anyone else notice the front microphones for the tubas and the soloist weren't working all night? Really held back the end of the show when there was barely anything being played. I just hope they fix these problems before finals. Luckily i get to see them again in Indy to watch them take home gold!

Did anyone else notice the front microphones for the tubas and the soloist weren't working all night? Really held back the end of the show when there was barely anything being played. I just hope they fix these problems before finals. Luckily i get to see them again in Indy to watch them take home gold!

I believe that was just the stratospheric placement of the mics on the live feed. DCI Live! has been pretty bad this year overall. A couple good productions surrounded by some pretty horrific quality.

I still think their brass and CG scores are, along with some other subcaptions, consistently too low to make a serious run at the gold, but 2nd or 3rd they're as good a bet as anyone.

There was ONE content/achievement spread in the brass caption that was HUGE. Had that not been there, all 4 corps would have been separated by .25 points.

They have to clean like nobody's business and have a perfect run, but it CAN be done.

Edited by superOOk

I believe that was just the stratospheric placement of the mics on the live feed. DCI Live! has been pretty bad this year overall. A couple good productions surrounded by some pretty horrific quality.

I was at the show. The front microphones didn't pick up the soloists and it seemed like the pit was a little too loud
  • Like 1

There was ONE content/achievement spread in the brass caption that was HUGE. Had that not been there, all 4 corps would have been separated by .25 points.

They have to clean like nobody's business and have a perfect run, but it CAN be done.

They've been running 4th in brass behind the top 3 all year, typically by .5 or greater. Ditto color guard. Those are tough to overcome because those captions, along with percussion, are the most difficult to overtake somebody. By and large corps "stay in their lane" with those captions. Difficult road for Coats to get to the gold, but it can be done and they certainly have the show for it.

• Like 1

I was at the show. The front microphones didn't pick up the soloists and it seemed like the pit was a little too loud

This is correct. The front mics were not working, so the balance to the keyboard mics was too heavy.

They've been running 4th in brass behind the top 3 all year, typically by .5 or greater. Ditto color guard. Those are tough to overcome because those captions, along with percussion, are the most difficult to overtake somebody. By and large corps "stay in their lane" with those captions. Difficult road for Coats to get to the gold, but it can be done and they certainly have the show for it.

I would imagine it's going to be a few more years before Bluecoats can really "establish" themselves in any section since none have taken home a trophy before. They are very much on the right track to rolling with the "big dogs" of DCI and be right in the thick of things. I truly hope they can continue this trend in coming years. Eventually, they will have an undeniable year enough to run away with the gold a la BD. (crossing fingers, of course)

• Like 1