SOA '15

No. Crown performing the hell out of their show and Blue Devils having a concept and execution that was a notch above is what put Cadets in 3rd that year. Still one of my favorite Cadets shows, but not the second best show or performance that year.

My point was "towers" seemed like a great concept on paper but it started to pull down the visual scores as the judges started judging how those big heavy towers were being dragged around.

I think it's too early for speculation. SoA has history and tradition...and I don't think you can take 1 transitional year as a sign of things to come. Cavies went down when they had an over haul on their staff...I think JW has the experience to know what to do and how to do it. If last year showed us anything (showed me rather) that is just how important show design actually is. :satisfied:

• Like 1

It will be GREAT if the reality we see and experience on the field this summer matches even half of the enthusiasm and commitment of this marcher.

Best of everything, sir, for the '15 season. I have a sense that your spirit will overflow into the section you lead and inspire.

Edited by xandandl

I think my old corps will be just fine if the design team gives them a decent product to perform on the field. I'm pretty sure they will have the talent to pull off another 2011 jump back into finals, and it sounds like they have plenty of enthusiasm, but if the design staff comes up with another turkey of a show like 2014, there's no amount of enthusiasm and talent that will save them.

Can't wait to hear details about the 2015 show.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know anything about the guy they named in charge of visual? I think his name is Daniel Giddens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdSvjj6l-4w

Interesting... a different direction than usual. Looking forward to hearing it.

Anyone know the music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdSvjj6l-4w

Interesting... a different direction than usual. Looking forward to hearing it.

There is a lot of beautiful music in that clip. I listened to it over and over again - I loved what I listened to. The opening made my eyes water...

I sincerely hope that Spirit proves every single naysayer on this board wrong this year. For heaven's sake support the corps that you love and stop the picking apart.