SOA '15

If the show begins with the burning down of a magnolia tree, then I guess we know it's a reference to 2014. I don't care what the show is about, I just want it to be good.

Z

I hope for the same. I was glad to see William Pitts get the brass arranger position, I think he's talented and from the video, has written some nice things.

• Like 1

So basically this show is Boston 2013?

We have a title and a picture, I think it's far too soon to be drawing similarities with any other shows. Seemingly similar theme on the surface? Perhaps. But I don't think there's any way of even beggining to speculate that it's going to be the same kind of show in many ways. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Maybe since the Atlanta Falcons didn't "rise up" last year SoA will "rise up" out of the ashes... :satisfied:

Anyway...looking froward to seeing what they bring to the field. Until any music is released or we get any more info everything is speculation and it is fun to speculate, since that is what we are doing this time of year, every year with most corps. If it is in reference to the dying off of last year then so be it, if it is in reference to reconstruction, then so be it. If it is just the title and has nothing to do with any of that, then so be it. As long as they bring a competitive, musically moving show with a tight visual package to the field that the kids, alumni and fans are proud of I don't care what it is in reference to. I am looking forward to seeing what they do. The music in the clip was great and a bit different than years past, which is not a bad thing.

It was a cool poster and would love to have a shirt with that on it (hint hint)

All my life I have been seaching for the meaning of "melodramatic." I've looked high and low, through forests and fields, even seaching in the evening skies and somehow I've never been able to find it up until now.

I thought it had to do with mellophones.

• 1 month later...

I got to listen to the low brass play on their new horns a little last night. I don't know if it's the horns or this particular grouping of players but the sound was really full and the intonation was great. I wish I could have stayed for the full ensemble.

• Like 1

From face books pics, it didn't look like a full horn line. But maybe everyone could not make it. Wonder when they are going to announce anything else about the show. I hope it's not because they have no idea. Yea, I know it's early.

From face books pics, it didn't look like a full horn line. But maybe everyone could not make it. Wonder when they are going to announce anything else about the show. I hope it's not because they have no idea. Yea, I know it's early.

I think everyone was supposed to be there including the guard auditionees. We might have been short some contras, maybe a spot here or there elsewhere in the brass.