SOA '15

Paying for an office was not within the budget for SOA from 2011-2013 and the corps director then, Dr. Snead, retrofitted a portion of his own home to serve as the SOA office. Man I miss him being at the helm of SOA!

• Like 1

In 2013 I was on the same flight as Todd Snead to San Antonio for the regional. He sat across the aisle from me. I wanted to talk to him and tell what an awesome job he was doing, but he slept the whole trip. He was wearing a delta necklace though. Wow, just realized how creepy that sounds.

• 3 weeks later...

They claim to have a mailing address, which is somewhere in a Trader Joe's shopping center.

Mailbox in the UPS Store, hence the #268 which is the mailbox number, though the thought of a mailbox in the Trader Joe's was a funny visual.

The kids will suffer once again thanks to some ridiculous decisions at the top of the board. Who knows what obsticals they present. That woman is the reason it won't get better. Just one more random thought. The 3 toed sloth is not my favorite animal.

Why don't you like sloths?

So...1. NO corps director, 2. NO staff announcements (who's leaving, who's staying?), 3. NO audition date. I must say, I'm very worried about 2016. The only communication coming from Spirit is a consistent plea for money. At this point, I couldn't encourage anyone to consider Spirit as an option for 2016. The pool of auditionees is narrowing every day as potential marching members make plans to audition for other corps that have confirmed audition dates, caption heads, etc. Looking for anyone to change my mind on this? Anyone?

Edited by YouDontKnowMe

So...1. NO corps director, 2. NO staff announcements (who's leaving, who's staying?), 3. NO audition date. I must say, I'm very worried about 2016. The only communication coming from Spirit is a consistent plea for money. At this point, I couldn't encourage anyone to consider Spirit as an option for 2016. The pool of auditionees is narrowing every day as potential marching members make plans to audition for other corps that have confirmed audition dates, caption heads, etc. Looking for anyone to change my mind on this? Anyone?

Actually...here is the info on the November camp.

Edited by JT76

Wouldn't surprise me I think I paid $75 to audition in 87............#### I am old.