'73 DCI DVD

And speaking of the '73 Boston Crusaders (as Bsader was)......

Somebody from the '73 BAC left their jacket at Warhawk Stadium in Whitewater after DCI prelims. A former girlfriend of mine

(who marched at prelims with that year's Bellevue, WA Sentinels) picked up the jacket, and she had it in her possession for years (probably still has it).

Speaking of Boston Crusader memorabilia...I still have my Crusader T-Shirt from 1977. It was black with a very large white "Waldo" emblazoned on it. It was the T-Shirt that I would wear under my uniform for all of our performances from '77-'79. Believe it or not it's still in remarkably good shape. In fact, as a member of the Mass Brass Mini-Corp in 2012-2013, I wore that same T-Shirt under my uniform for our performances at Navy Stadium in Annapolis. I will admit the fit was a bit snug compare to back in the day but I managed to cram myself into it.

In regards to the Crusader jacket I don't know who it could have belonged to as I've never heard anyone mention it. I could ask around so that maybe the two of us could broker a reunion with it's original owner. I suppose that could be a worthy pursuit given that this is the Crusader's 75th year anniversary.

Their is some interesting history in regards to the Crusader Jacket. 1973 was the last year members were allowed to wear them. Just how many years this policy remained in effect I don't know but I do know the reason for the policies implementation. Our supposed Corp director at the time felt that it gave the Crusader members an alibi should we happen to be accused of any wrong doing. The supposed logic being that if the accuser stated that the alleged wrong doer was wearing a Crusader Jacket then our out would be that Crusader members do not and are not allowed to wear them, so #### off. Was this policy necessary? Certainly not! I am sure all members of this forum know that the members of '70's Boston Crusader's Drum and Bugle Corp were....O.K. I suppose I shouldn't even try to B.S. those of you reading this post. If your reading or posting in the historical section then you are probably aware that the majority of Crusader members from the 70's were loonies and this begs the question. Was it a good policy? Truth be told we really didn't give a @#$# if the policy was a good one or not as some members continued to wear their jacket. In fact, some members created their own version of a Crusader Jacket and wore that.

You might think these members would have been disciplined but the fact is, as Crusader members of the '70's, we were the ones who made most of our own rules and we were the ones who disciplined ourselves. So why didn't we all continue to wear our Jackets? Well some of us didn't have one to wear and didn't want to spend the money to buy one. Why? We didn't feel compelled to. We knew who we were and besides we had our T-Shirts! We all knew this made the "no jacket policy" pretty asinine. What upset us was that someone we had no respect for was trying to tell us what to do. For us it was just another lame-brained intrusion to be ignored so that, as members of the Boston Crusader's, we could try and continue to run "our Corp."

• 1 month later...