Vintage Barnum clips - 1964 / 1966

64' Barnum was won by Sky....65' & 66' was the Bucs. I don't know why, but in 66' the Hurcs weren't at the Festival...curious!

You are the friggin' Herodotus of Connecticut Drum Corps...

... Good stuff Andy....If Kennedy was there in 64'....why was the Barnum & WO at Hedges?

If I had to guess, it may have been contractual ... and ... I doubt the parking areas around the school (and the school itself) were ready for "shows" ... the school opened that September and, as I recall, a lot of "stuff" was still not completed ... the next year, 1965, the stadium hosted numerous dc shows including the Barnum and WO and just about every other Jr sponsored show in the city ...

:-)

And what a great place and era for drum corps. When you watch this video of the differant corps on the field at Kennedy you have to notice how large the crowd is...it's full. Now stop and realize that that's the crowd ON THE BACK SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all ... found this on YouTube ... clips of the 1964 Barnum Parade (Sky, Hurcs, Yankee Rebels, others) and the 1966 DCA Show toward to 10:30 min mark (I-men, Sky, Archie, Reading, YR, Scout House) ...

Good stuff to watch ... many pleasant memories for me personally ... Kennedy Stadium was brand new in 1964 ... I'm pretty sure the Barnum Parade was the 1st "event" ever there ... the parade ended with the corps/floats/whatever going around the track ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUsQfN7cD0

Grab a nice glass of wine and enjoy ...

:-)

Probably due to the fact that I was 12 years old when that earlier video was done the world looks really strange back then.

Weird...

Interesting though...