Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

As requested in the Uniforms 2015 thread... someone suggested a thread of hits and misses over the years... so lets try that.... but lets do it with a twist. The previous poster names the next corps to be done. Show one hit and one miss (in your opinion) and then you name the next corps. I'll start.

Freelancers

Hit:

1992... The white pants really set off the red and black in the cadet jackets...

11050764_10205465350129872_8778920526275

And the miss:

1985... was there ever any question? What a hot mess...

14mro9h.jpg

Next up...

Velvet Knights

• Like 1

As requested in the Uniforms 2015 thread... someone suggested a thread of hits and misses over the years... so lets try that.... but lets do it with a twist. The previous poster names the next corps to be done. Show one hit and one miss (in your opinion) and then you name the next corps. I'll start.

Freelancers

1985... was there ever any question? What a hot mess...

14mro9h.jpg

I liked '85. I thought the uniform was really interesting!

Come on guys... play along.

Velvet Knights are on the clock.

This seems like fun. I hope this really takes off. But anyway, VELVET KNIGHTS.

The hit: 1984

4889051717_3ccb9cb778.jpg

And the miss: 2009

velvet-knights-2009a.jpg

Next up: Madison Scouts

The new "VK" is not the VK of the past.

• Like 1

I'll do The Cavaliers, although I don't think I'll be able to post pictures because I'm on mobile version.

Hit: 2014 - Nothing speaks "Green Machine" more than that uniform.

Miss: 2013 - Not just the actual uniform itself, but also the "capes" used during the opener. It only made the already-dirty opening drill even dirtier.

I'll do The Cavaliers, although I don't think I'll be able to post pictures because I'm on mobile version.

Hit: 2014 - Nothing speaks "Green Machine" more than that uniform.

Miss: 2013 - Not just the actual uniform itself, but also the "capes" used during the opener. It only made the already-dirty opening drill even dirtier.

OK... the rules of this little game again...

You don't get to pick who YOU want to do... You have to do whomever was nominated before you... For example:

I started with the Freelancers... showed pictures of said uniforms and nominated the next corps... the Velvet Kinights...

Which was picked up by losnickes who then nominated the Madison Scouts.... which is what YOU should have done Cadevilina Crown.... not the Cavaliers...

So in the interest of getting the game off on the right foot, I will do Madison...

The Hit:

1988... quintessential Madison. Was there ever any doubt?

Scouts-Cymbal-Line-Swashbuckling.jpg

And the Miss:

This boring mess... who ever actually thought this was a good idea... especially when you see the uniforms that came before and after this? Just yuck...

829639990_6e1a4c09c8_b.jpg

Next up:

The Troopers

• Like 2

OK... the rules of this little game again...

You don't get to pick who YOU want to do... You have to do whomever was nominated before you... For example:

I started with the Freelancers... showed pictures of said uniforms and nominated the next corps... the Velvet Kinights...

Which was picked up by losnickes who then nominated the Madison Scouts.... which is what YOU should have done Cadevilina Crown.... not the Cavaliers...

...my very bad...