Corps Graphics Design Help

Since we are in the lull period between seasons and leading up to another exciting LIVE season, I am offering my services again on a limited basis. I say limited since I do this voluntary only and I do have a full time job so please be patient. I only have capacity to work on a few projects.

In another thread Eleran posted how it would be nice to have judging on show design. I agree. Anything to bring more involvement to the league then just caption crunching. There was a time we had some pretty active directors here. Show design is not my skill but I can assist graphically.

If you are a new director and are in say need of corps logos I have done this work in the past. I have also built corps banners, show posters, and some uniform work on a template built by a previous OP.

I have not updated this link in a long time but it does show some of my previous work for directors here.

http://starorg.awardspace.com/starorg_creations.htm

Here is also a uniform rendering (below) in this format I spoke about. This was a previous version done for the Polaris Regiment.

If interested in assistance please PM me.

Polaris_M_8.png

• Like 2

Those are still Polaris Regiment's active uniforms. Mitch does great work, has designed many uniforms and show posters for me over the years. He also designed the Forward Dynamics organization banner in my signature below.

Edited by hostrauser

In another thread Eleran posted how it would be nice to have judging on show design. I agree. Anything to bring more involvement to the league then just caption crunching. There was a time we had some pretty active directors here. Show design is not my skill but I can assist graphically.

I was going to comment about how the DCPI forums seem to be a lot quieter now during the seasons than they did back when I first was involved. I remember when directors would start entire threads for their corps to post fictional press releases, show reviews, etc. I also miss when directors really took pride in hosting their home shows and would post pictures and schedules and events and the whole nine yards.

I do miss that. That's a lot of what made this league so fun.

Galen, what's your take on the current state of DCPI?

Edited by TroopAlum12

That's a good question. As somebody who's been here since the very beginning of the league some 12 years ago, I've definitely seen a lot of things change. I think a lot of it is in part to the fact that several directors who were very active participants in earlier seasons no longer compete. I can remember some pretty intense rivalries and trash-talking, especially in the early days of the Fanfare/CLASS rivalry. These days, directors like StarOrg, Kevin and Gary, among others, do a good job of leading the way but it seems like fewer and fewer directors follow their lead. That's something that I find disappointing and something I've admittedly failed at encouraging. One thing I've tried to integrate more in the last couple seasons is social media (Facebook and Twitter in particular), as those are where more and more people are going for instant communication and commentary, but it's still a slow work in progress.