Interstellar Suite

bracknbras

Does anyone know if there is a score avaiable to purchase? I dont know if its ever been published or not so thought I would give it a shot here and ask since there might be an arranger here who might have checked.

Thanks

bracknbras

We played several segments of the Suite with the All Age corps I teach during the 2013 season. Amin Bhatia was an absolute joy to work with concerning rights and giving us access to the music and recordings of his original material for our staff to work from. I would suggest you contact him directly through his various websites for his work.

On a side note, he loves the fact that drum and bugle corps feature his music !!

AA

AA,

Thank You for your reply. Can you elaborate on what material he allowed you to use? I have already contacted the company in charge of the copyrights and have the 25th anniversary recording but did you have access to his manuscript/score? Just would like to get some insight since you had actual contact with Mr Bhatia. Or is there someone within the corps I could correspond with?

Thank you again!!

Bracknbras

I was part of the instructional staff with Spirit that played his work in drum corps the first time back in 1989 and then was part of the design team for the corps that used it again in 2013. I'm not sure how much of what he shared was on a one time basis because of the ties to the previous incarnation of his work or how much he would be willing to share now. He specifically asked us not to share those things with anyone else and we have and will continue to abide by his wishes out of respect for him.

As for details of what he'd be willing to share now, I'd rather you speak with him. As an arranger and composer, I don't want to speak for anyone else concerning what they are willing/able to share of their work as those things can be very individual or very "corporate" according to agreements he may have made since that time due to the re-release of the recording.

We simply went through his website and the people that responded there and they passed on the contact to him and he reached out to us. We moved forward from there.

Not trying to be a pain, just don't feel comfortable giving out others personal email/contact info without their permission.

AA