DCA Corps in Need of a Snare Drummer

And here are two more videos of me playing. They're not meant to be audition videos in any way. I'm not demonstrating fundamentals. I'm not doing any marching. They're must videos of me having fun with drumsticks. But I hope they pique someone's interest somewhere. I'm really wanting to see if I can get involved with the Buccaneers, MBI, Alliance, Atlanta CV or possibly the Hurricanes. Having a heck of a time getting a hold of any of them, though.

Ad-lib stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQqQjULEH_A

Ditty, by Kevin Murray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI637cUlRqw

i would say that if you have a body temperature of 98.6, and have those kind of percussion skills, you would most certainly peak someone's interest...somewhere. But perhaps you should wait till you become a free agent and open up the bidding wars.

RPC this is RAY again I have a Corp that may interest you but we need quad player for this year, with your talent and skills you would be a great asset for the Corp. I'll leave my contact info

here RAY_BUSSIERE@VERIZON.NET or call 609-815-0852. There are still some brass position available Everyone is welcome.

Hey Ray,

I spoke at length with the percussion director from a corps in New York, and I spent about a week looking at my finances, trying to figure out a way to move there, rent (or buy) a car, pay my bills, etc. I concluded that it was not feasible financially, so I opted out of doing drum corps this year. I am hoping to get onboard with someone next year, though.

P.S. I acknowledge that it was irresponsible of me to start contacting corps before having the financial stuff in order. I got excited, and I was hoping that a way would sort of present itself. Stupidity on my part.

RPC there always next year at least keep me in mind for next year and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

RPC - sorry i wasn't on a lot through your conversation. Bottom line, in general, is that a lot of corps have holes, and give time for the finances to work out. Some have partial scholorships, like the Bucs/Bucs Alumni that can help with tuition. Find a corps for this season that is close by and work from there. Heck, Alumni corps are looking for snares - and you didn't have to march on the field with the corps. Most Alumni, like us, are more community based and looking for drummers (and horn players and guard) 365/24/7. Great way to get in if money and time is an issue while still having a D&B experience.