Why are Bluecoats already being counted out of the top?

The only corps I can say 100% will remain consistent is BD and that's because they have a history of being extremely consistent in the top 4 since forever ago

Yes... we are as likely to see a Unicorn than not see BD in the top 4 in any given year now.

Edited by BRASSO

You're right...at this point in time, Saturday, 2 May, 2015, the Bluecoats have the same statistical chance of winning the 2015 DCI Open Class Championship as any other Open Class Corps. And as a decidedly non-Bluecoats supporter, I remain to extend to you my hopes that your Corps should find a maximal conclusion to its' season and endeavors.

I bet you 'Coats have a significantly smaller chance of winning Open Class than 7th Reg or BDB :tounge2:

I don't understand the issue. While Bluecoats had an absolutely fantastic show last year, we have all been around drum corps long enough to know that what you did the previous year and having the same staff the following year does not a consistent top three make. Must I point out Cadets, Crown, etc.? The only corps that has been consistent over the past few years is BD and I cannot say with absolute certainty that Bluecoats will maintain their top finish, although I am hoping they can climb to the top.

we have all been around drum corps long enough to know that what you did the previous year and having the same staff the following year does not a consistent top three make.

nm

Edited by BRASSO

One of the things we haven't mentioned yet is their music selections for this season (or at least what they've announced so far). A lot of DCP posters claim that "Woods" and "Dense" sound a lot like "The Hymn of Acxiom" and "Uffe's Woodshop", respectively. As a result, they think the show is going to be too similar to "Tilt" (similar to how Carolina Crown 2013-2014 were so similar to each other).

If you ask me, though, I think the possiblility of a very young might hold them back this season more than the music selections will. We've seen this many times in the history of DCI: Phantom Regiment 2008-2009, Bluecoats 2010-2011, Carolina Crown 2013-2014, etc. All of these corps had spectacular shows the first year, had a large surplus of new members join the corps over the winter, and fell 4-5 positions the next year. Given the large number of veteran members in the Bluecoats in 2014, it wouldn't surprise me if history repeats itself for them in 2015.

Meh, if hey had complete set of new judges (that never judged DCI) and stopped some corps from influencing them you might see quite a bit of change in results.

The popularity of the 2014 Bluecoats show was on display yesterday at the TIA Indoor Drumline Championships in Wildwood, NJ. Two ensembles presented their own versions of Hymn of Acxiom and Uffe's Woodshop....very cool.

I'd love to see Bluecoats win, and I think they had the best program design in DCI last year. They are an amazing corps who has climbed a tremendous distance.

But...

They have been an inconsistent corps, in both design and performance. They have yet to win a caption - brass and percussion were both top 3 last year, but guard and visual definitely still have some room to grow. They can't control what the other teams do - and a lot of people expect Cadets/Crown to come out with stronger shows than last year.

The only group that is almost certain to medal is BD. The competition between Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, Phantom and SCV for the remaining medals has been fierce, and is sure to be fierce again this year.

• Like 2