Why are Bluecoats already being counted out of the top?

Agreed. One of the most predictable things in drum corps is preseason complaints about someone's favorite corps being underestimated by prognosticators.

• Like 1

Agreed. One of the most predictable things in drum corps is preseason complaints about someone's favorite corps being underestimated by prognosticators.

That.. and the Corps homers overestimating their Corps placements each season.... also one of the " most predictable things in preseason " each and every preseason as well.

Something we rarely. if ever, observe from the Corps Homers on DCP in the preseason:... " from what I've observed myself, and from what I'm hearing, I predict my former ( or favorite ) Corps is going to suck this summer, and maybe fall several placement positions ."

Not ever gonna see it on here.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

In 2010 Bluecoats finished 3rd, the word was that Bluecoats had arrived, they'd be crowned champions sooner rather than later, and then they placed 7th in 2007 with a good show, but one that was a shadow of 2010 in the opinion of many. in 2012 Bluecoats had what some, and I am include din the some, thought was an underrated show and 2013 had a good show that was better than 2012 and very well received. In many ways Bluecoats is a string corps. 2012 was an improvement over 2011, but in 2013 we saw a stronger musical show and in 2014 they were "in your face" with a charged musical show. In both 2012 and 2013, the guard was very good but the uniforms made them a bit indistinguishable, y7et in 2014 there was no missing the guard. Since Bluecoats seem willing to make the necessary improvements, I don't think you can count out Bluecoats, but if BD is not the major contender of 2015, my money would probably be on Crown gaining strength or Cadets wanting to avenge critics of 2014. Remember, while Bluecoats did silver in finals, with an electrifying show, prior to that they had not topped Cadets who did have lackluster finals show. Also during the season Bluecoats were closer to Crown and SCV in scoring and both Crown and SCV topped Crown at different points.

Also, to those who have written off Bluecoats: after 2102, people predicted a dire 2013 for Crown, at least on DCP, and some even saw Crown choking in finals after semi's, at least on DCP. It didn't happen.

• Like 1

Well, my friend, come down and say hello to your new neighbors.. the Blue Devils... who are visiting and sitting downstairs in your parlor today and want to introduce themselves to you as your new neighbors.

I love how you just conveniently chose not to read my ENTIRE statement. Go reread it and then correct your statement. Thanks.

• Like 1

Honestly, this isn't something to worry about.

Being frank, I think flying under the radar is VASTLY preferable to being considered an odds-on favorite or anything of the sort. Is there a corps today that has more haters than the Blue Devils? I submit there is not. They're the Yankees of Drum Corps in a world where everybody loves an underdog. A Cinderella.

BD is never gonna be a Cinderella...they're always going to be the villain at this point to any Rocky-esque storyline (a look at Phantom's 2008 win is basically case-in-point) and that's totally fine. They lose zero sleep over that (and they shouldn't lose any!), and they will continue to put out quality material year after year. Absolutely zero shame in it, and they're a fantastic group.

But for me, personally, give me an underdog any day of the week. Indeed, my avatar probably will clue you in to just how compelling I find those kinds of things.

No over-hyped expectations means nothing to have to live up to. It takes the pressure off and it allows you the satisfaction when your team DOES finally win one that you were a supporter the whole time. You went through the rough patches and stayed true. That's far more rewarding to me.

Others will disagree, but to each their own.

• Like 1

I love how you just conveniently chose not to read my ENTIRE statement. Go reread it and then correct your statement. Thanks.

nm

Edited by BRASSO

When we make it one week with no Blue Coats posts on DCP, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Facebook then I will know for certain that nobody is overlooking The Bluecoats.

Consider it done.

If anything, its not the 2015 Bluecoats that are not getting their proper due on here, its all the non G7 Corps not getting their proper due on here.

And lets face it, with the annual blackout of info from Corps each offseason, there is virtually nothing really to go on regarding making placement predictions, observations, and so forth... for ANY of these Corps, G7, or otherwise.