Why are Bluecoats already being counted out of the top?

Also, the question posed by the OP is " why are the Bluecoats already being counted out of the top "

The title does not ask, " near the top ?", it asks us.. " the top ? ".

As such, I would think the most appropriate answer.. and the shortest answer too... as to why nobody so far as predicted them " at the top " this year is because never in their long DCI history have they finished at " the top ". Now maybe they come out on top this summer, but at least a historical rationale has been provided to the OP thread title question now it would seem to me.

Edited by BRASSO

^^^ well he summed it up perfectly and based his excellent post with facts.

• Like 1

Also, after Crown actually won their DCI Title in 2013, many people said that following offseason, that they would fail to repeat last season.

And those fans that predicted some level of placement slide for Crown, were proven right as it turns out in that prediction. So there is some historical precedent here for a Corps to have an outlier year ( or 2 ) before returning to their nominal pecking order placement position we are accustomed to finding them in... and for DCP'ers to relie on that as their guide on these things. The Cavaliers, for example, fell out of the Cadevaliers Trifecta, but my guess is, they have a decent chance of returning the time tested Cadevaliers trifecta from its recent two spoke work, to its customary 3 spoke work. If not this season, perhaps in the next.

Edited by BRASSO

As the person who made this topic i would like to apologize for creating such big controversy. I love the Bluecoats. I've always been a fan and maybe my opinion is a bit biased. After hearing many things about the 2015 Bluecoats I am certain they will not make a huge drop and will continue with their momentum. I have not heard their brass yet but from what I have heard they are once again amazing. And like I said the visual program definitely looks to be much improved! Let's hope design is the same if not better than last year!

Sorry for such a controversial topic!

-CC

• Like 3

The only thing I hope the bluecoats drop next year is the bass.

• Like 1

The only thing I hope the bluecoats drop next year is the bass.

All corps use a lot of extra bass. It's just inevitable now.

All corps use a lot of extra bass. It's just inevitable now.

Well if Meghan Trainor is to be belief, it's all about the bass, about the bass, about the bass.

Edited by Tim K

Well if Meghan Trainor is to be belief, it's all about the bass, about the bass, about the bass.

Can't wait for more base drops in the future.

As the person who made this topic i would like to apologize for creating such big controversy. I love the Bluecoats. I've always been a fan and maybe my opinion is a bit biased. After hearing many things about the 2015 Bluecoats I am certain they will not make a huge drop and will continue with their momentum. I have not heard their brass yet but from what I have heard they are once again amazing. And like I said the visual program definitely looks to be much improved! Let's hope design is the same if not better than last year!

Sorry for such a controversial topic!

-CC

Oh, don't be sorry! I don't really think its THAT controversial of a topic, and its a very good conversation that deserves its time here on DCP. There are some great points that can be brought up on both sides of the topic, and in general, this is a great conversation that we are having here! Much of the same that is said here could be said for a number of corps, such as "why aren't the Blue Knights being heavily considered for the top 6?" or "Why are the Colts not being heavily considered to be in finals?" And again, much for the same reasons that we are discussing for the Bluecoats. I say, don't apologize, but enjoy the great conversation we are having here!

• Like 3