Important Announcement

Greetings, directors.

It's been a quiet off-season so far, and there have been several reasons behind that. Between commuting back and forth from Chicago for my job for the past six months and planning for my upcoming wedding, I have not had much time to focus on DCPI. On top of that, I've come to a point where I really no longer have the time needed to devote to making DCPI the premiere fantasy corps league on the internet. Therefore, I have regretfully made the decision to step down as Executive Director, effective immediately.

However, I am happy to announce that Kevin Pogue (hostrauser) will be taking over as the next Executive Director. Kevin has extensive experience of how the league works from his many years as a competing director, and he also has a great knowledge of the league rules. I have every confidence that Kevin will run DCPI in a stellar manner and is the right person to lead it going forward. He has already been making preparations for the upcoming season and will be providing all the details for Season 24 very soon. Stay tuned- it's going to be a fun season!

It has been my great pleasure to serve as the Executive Director for the past 8 seasons, and I wish everybody the best going forward. I'm not going away for good, however, and you may just see me jump back in to the competitive waters some day in the future. :cool:

Sincerely,

Matt Briddell

• Like 2

Thank you for all your hard work, Matt! Hopefully I can uphold the standard going forward.

Welcome all players! I will have the schedule for Season 24 posted sometime this weekend, along with an "intent to perform" registration thread. Actual sign-ups, tour registration, and caption selection should be forth-coming on drumcorpsfantasy.com soon (hopefully within the next week or two). The season will begin on Friday, June 12th, and end concurrent with the DCI championships on August 8th.

I look forward to being your new executive director!

• Like 1

My personal thanks to Matt for his dedication to the DCPI circuit and community. There is a great deal of work that goes on behind the scenes to make this all work ... and Matt (and Jeff Hinton before him) undertook the tasks, on their own largely, and kept things running smoothly.

I look forward to working with Kevin to continue the smooth operation of the circuit and (hopefully) watching it grow. Thank you in-advance for your patience while we work thru the transition.

Thank you for your continued support.

-john

Thanks for everything, Matt! And welcome to the hot seat, Kevin! Good luck to both of you moving forward.

Matt, really appreciate all the dedication to keeping this league going. Best wishes to you and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Knowing Kevin for a number of years now I have no doubt of his ability to keep this going as a fine oiled machine.

I am very sorry to see you step down Matt--you have managed with grace, fairness and a love of the activity which has been great! If there is anyone out there that can work to be just as great, it would be Kevin! We are in great hands no doubt. Kevin has always worked to push my corps and many others to their best and I have no doubt he will bring that same passion to the executive position! We don't always agree, but my respect for you couldn't be greater Kevin! truly looking forward to an amazing season!

• Like 1