The Shows You're Most Excited to See in 2015

2015 Show Anticipation  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What shows are you highly anticipating in the 2015 Drum Corps season?

• Blue Devils - Ink
    • Bluecoats - Kinetic Noise
    • The Cadets - The Power of Ten
    • Santa Clara Vanguard - The Spark of Invention
    • Carolina Crown - Inferno
    • The Cavaliers - Game On
    • Phantom Regiment - City of Light
    • Blue Knights - Because
    • Blue Stars - Side Show
    • Boston Crusaders - Conquest
    • Madison Scouts - 78th and Madison
    • Crossmen - Above and Beyond
    • Colts - ...And A Shot Rings Out: A Johnny Staccato Murder Mystery
    • Troopers - Wild Horses
    • The Academy - Unannounced
    • Spirit of Atlanta - Out of the Ashes
    • Oregon Crusaders - The Midnight Garden
    • Pacific Crest - The Catalyst
    • Mandarins - Ressurection
    • Jersey Surf - Sun Surfing
    • Seattle Cascades - Intergalactic
    • Pioneer - Exodus: Divide the Sea, Unite the People

Pioneer will be making waves with a much larger corps. .

'Glad to hear this.

• Like 1

Pretty much all of them. I must say though that after watching the video of the Cadets' closer I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Cadets could be monstrously good, BD definitely will be because they always are. Crown is looking to rebound from last year with an always-great hornline. Bluecoats could be up or down. SCV will be interesting and maybe PR will improve a lot in design and performance.

So basically all the top 7 or so are the most exciting to me, because they're the best group of corps, and they perform the best.

• Like 1

Excluding my homerism I think I have my favorite already picked out: Blue Knights.

I'll give a few reasons

1: The Beatles on the field is something typically associated with hicktown high school shows and while that sounds like a massive negative, I'm extremely curious to see how this works with an extremely capable group of musicians. This could work in the best way possible, or fail in the worst way imaginable. Knowing Blue Knights' design squad, I'd bet on the former.

2: The Indie Music jams in this show are incredible. Adam Watts was already used on the floor this winter with OCI and that was the most innovative percussion show of the winter, and possibly my favorite, and that was a show that didn't even make finals. Again, a spectacular group of musicians can turn the minimalist feel of that song into something truly spectacular. Expecting this to be the ballad and a candidate to pass Cadets 2013 as my favorite ballad ever. Apres Moi was a song I have kept myself from hoping to see on the field because I thought it impossible. The unbridled emotion of this song, with the string counter-melody will make it work incredibly well with the emotional premise that the Blue Knights work so well with as evidenced by last year's production.

3. Whitacre. Enough Said.

I can't describe enough how pumped I am to be touring alongside this show. Obviously I'm more excited about mine, but if I had to pick a dark horse to get their first medal, I already know who I'd have my money on.

Excluding my homerism I think I have my favorite already picked out: Blue Knights.

I'll give a few reasons

1: The Beatles on the field is something typically associated with hicktown high school shows and while that sounds like a massive negative, I'm extremely curious to see how this works with an extremely capable group of musicians. This could work in the best way possible, or fail in the worst way imaginable. Knowing Blue Knights' design squad, I'd bet on the former.

2: The Indie Music jams in this show are incredible. Adam Watts was already used on the floor this winter with OCI and that was the most innovative percussion show of the winter, and possibly my favorite, and that was a show that didn't even make finals. Again, a spectacular group of musicians can turn the minimalist feel of that song into something truly spectacular. Expecting this to be the ballad and a candidate to pass Cadets 2013 as my favorite ballad ever. Apres Moi was a song I have kept myself from hoping to see on the field because I thought it impossible. The unbridled emotion of this song, with the string counter-melody will make it work incredibly well with the emotional premise that the Blue Knights work so well with as evidenced by last year's production.

3. Whitacre. Enough Said.

I can't describe enough how pumped I am to be touring alongside this show. Obviously I'm more excited about mine, but if I had to pick a dark horse to get their first medal, I already know who I'd have my money on.

Quite a few drumcorps have played Beatles music as well, but I haven't really cared for any of it on the field.

Bluecoats '92, while the highest placing total Beatles show in DCI history, was not a good show for them, but I enjoyed Bluecoats '09 Imagine.

I think BK will do ok with "Because" on its own rather than doing a complete Beatles themed show....

Edited by jjeffeory

I never thought I would say this ... but its The Cadets for me this year. Such an interesting repertoire. It's an odd-numbered year so I suspect it will be great.

• Like 1

1. Boston Crusaders will always be my first choice any year, but this year I am really excited about the potential of the show, the musical book is varied, there have been some good staff additions, and buzz seems positive. Of course it being an anniversary year can't hurt either.

2. Phantom: I like their musical book, though I will admit that even though Phantom has used "An American in Paris" previously, I still think Madison's version is the best drum corps rendition, and think it would be fitting for their Gene Kelly themed show, but Phantom's musical book is perhaps the most varied this year and cannot wait to hear how they reinvent "Organ Symphony," a throwback to my favorite Phantom show of all time, 1979, "Clair de Lune is a Phantom classic and deserves to be revived.

3. Was mixed about Crown when the theme was announced, and don't know how I feel about a dark themed show from Crown, but as the debut approaches and from the hints we have received thus far, it seems to go from dark to light which could work for Crown and musically I think it could fit Crown rather well.

4. Madison: feeling good about the show theme and potential, and I'm curious to see which numbers they use. I'd love to see "Fit as a Fiddle" the Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor routine from "Singing in the Rain" and "The Worry Song" from "Anchors Aweigh" (the Gene Kelly Tom and Jerry scene).

5. Lots of speculation surrounding Troopers, Colts, and Oregon Crusaders, I think Spirit may be underrated (thinking Will Pitts could be a positive for the corps), I know Surf will entertain, hear great things about Cadets, granted it's from a Cadet so it's biased, and I could go on and on, so basically I'm interested in seeing everyone.

1. Boston Crusaders will always be my first choice any year, but this year I am really excited about the potential of the show, the musical book is varied, there have been some good staff additions, and buzz seems positive. Of course it being an anniversary year can't hurt either.

2. Phantom: I like their musical book, though I will admit that even though Phantom has used "An American in Paris" previously, I still think Madison's version is the best drum corps rendition, and think it would be fitting for their Gene Kelly themed show, but Phantom's musical book is perhaps the most varied this year and cannot wait to hear how they reinvent "Organ Symphony," a throwback to my favorite Phantom show of all time, 1979, "Clair de Lune is a Phantom classic and deserves to be revived.

3. Was mixed about Crown when the theme was announced, and don't know how I feel about a dark themed show from Crown, but as the debut approaches and from the hints we have received thus far, it seems to go from dark to light which could work for Crown and musically I think it could fit Crown rather well.

4. Madison: feeling good about the show theme and potential, and I'm curious to see which numbers they use. I'd love to see "Fit as a Fiddle" the Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor routine from "Singing in the Rain" and "The Worry Song" from "Anchors Aweigh" (the Gene Kelly Tom and Jerry scene).

5. Lots of speculation surrounding Troopers, Colts, and Oregon Crusaders, I think Spirit may be underrated (thinking Will Pitts could be a positive for the corps), I know Surf will entertain, hear great things about Cadets, granted it's from a Cadet so it's biased, and I could go on and on, so basically I'm interested in seeing everyone.

Talk about left-handed compliments.

The one thing that corps teaches besides hard work is honesty and integrity with self and others.