Cadets Going To 10 Bass Drums?

A video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRB5mjocF0s) that was released by Youth Education, the organization that runs the Cadets, had described what their 2015 drum corps show is about. At about 53 seconds in the video, George Hopkins says that they'll have 10 bass drums in the bass drum section. Could this be true? Or is this something they say to bring up the hype to their show?

A video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRB5mjocF0s) that was released by Youth Education, the organization that runs the Cadets, had described what their 2015 drum corps show is about. At about 53 seconds in the video, George Hopkins says that they'll have 10 bass drums in the bass drum section. Could this be true? Or is this something they say to bring up the hype to their show?

Definitely not the whole time, I'd say it's gonna be a drum feature thing.

I've seen glimpses of the show on periscope. (They're sick good). He did mention on the last vid that they had lots to still get on the field including the drum feature and has mentioned 10 basses in the past more than once. We'll shall see. Edited by Tobias

lots of cool potential with this.

Cadets usally use 20,22,24,28,32 so i'm wondering if they will pitch around that? 16,18,22,26,30? Would be cool only doubling one size but could easly tune that drum differn't. Ten bass drums doing craxy splits for 32 bars would be awesome!

Crossmen did 10 in 95 for at least the drum solo, can't remember if it went on longer.

I'm guess the quad players will be on bass drums?

Crossmen did 10 in 95 for at least the drum solo, can't remember if it went on longer.

Spirit of Atlanta had nine for the Interstellar Suite show in 1989. I want to say they were there the whole show, but I'm not positive.