Trophies thrown in TRASH

Hey DCP. I am a bit of a noobie here, so let me introduce myself :)

I am an alumni of the Chippewa High School Marching Band in Doylestown, Ohio and The Empire Statesmen. Numerous members of the CHS band and staff were also in Statesmen, as well as Bluecoats, Capital Regiment, Glassmen, Troopers, Brigs . . . the list is too numerous to count.

About two months ago the CHS alumni learned that the school threw all their OMEA and BOA trophies (and old photos) in a dumpster... yes, a dumpster. Leaving us to dig out the broken pieces.

All of you know the hard work that goes in to BOA and State marching competitions, even if they were not on the DCI/DCA level.

A group of alumni set out to try and make it right for the masses, and our goal is to be able to start a successful SoundSport group for the alumni, but obviously the cost involved is high with instruments, equipment, etc.

If you could check out our website and watch our video story that would be awesome, and spread the word. This means so much to a group of highly talented musicians that have always been second-class citizens to athletes in the school district.

We are also open to suggestions if anyone has started their own SoundSport or mini corps!

www.rogueshollowregiment.com

• 4 weeks later...

My name is Pete Amico with the White Sabers in Dansville. I see you marched with Empire. I was wondering if you or any of your kids would be interested in marching. We're trying to fill out or brass line and were looking for a trumpet, 2 mellos, 2 baritones and a rack player. We have a couple people from the Ohio area not sure how far from you.