Crown for both GE

Crown for VP

Crossmen for VA

Crown for CG

Crown for Brass

Crown for MA

Scouts for Perc

You're welcome, Gary. :cool:

Sure Hype, if only we could all be armchair directors. :cool: Nice set though looking back now, 95.7

Anyway I think that is what both Gary & I get for thinking SCV would take percussion. :doh: But hey I still love the live seasons.

Well, let's just say there was a certain director that I recommended that set to, but they where out of position to change to that.

As far as percussion, it's the most unstable caption in the activity. It changes from night to night. I don't think I ever used points in that caption, in any live season... Ever. The live season I swept, I used Esperanza.

I never changed to Crown for GE and didn't change at 155, but I had my week in place to make my changes to that set. Crossmen where a money corps all season in visual, and once Crown made their push at Atlanta, the key was to use them as much as possible and avoid their weak captions... VA and Percussion. Than a week later, I wanted to go to finals and stop playing. That's that, but it was fun to watch people play it out.

Edited by CloudHype

What a fantastic season for the Mountain Sound Corps! Finalists in World and A class with a narrow miss in Open. Cedar Cliff enjoyed their night at the top, but probably got a bit too cocky. (I also thought Vanguard would take percussion...and that Crown would win it...but, well, things happen.) Congrats to Gary and The Knights on another fantastic win from your corps! The Mountain Sound corps will be back with a vengeance in Season 25, ready to rise to the top. :)

(Meanwhile, off topic: does anyone remember what the Blue Devils did in 2010 when they beat Mad World? ......exactly. In five years, when people remember Inferno, they'll think the same thing.)

(Meanwhile, off topic: does anyone remember what the Blue Devils did in 2010 when they beat Mad World? ......exactly. In five years, when people remember Inferno, they'll think the same thing.)

Wait.. what did Devils perform in 2010? :satisfied: Great comment. Your right though Inferno will be remembered... hell I think any of top 4 will be other then Devils show.

Through a Glass Darkly... bloody brilliant show. Cavaliers didn't have a solid closer all season for Mad World.

As far as this season, I was there live for semis and finals; the correct corps won each night. Crown had a much better semis run. Finals...Devils where on, Crown was flat... even their guard had a shaky opener. Judges job is not to pick your favorite, it's to find the best corps.

And the show that will be remembered in 5 years is Bluecoats, not Crown. :P

Edited by CloudHype
  • Like 1

And the show that will be remembered in 5 years is Bluecoats, not Crown. :P

My point is I think Bluecoats (new age drum corps), Cadets (10/X), and Crown (Inferno) will be remembered more then Devils show (other then the 10 year old girl participation). I agree Devils performance level is really unmatched most seasons but not the overall programming to me. I enjoyed their 2014 program a lot more.

GE: Crown
VP: Cadets
VE: Scouts
CG: X-MEN (Remember when this was always a solid percussion lock?)
MB: Crown
ME: BK
MP: SCV

Thanks all