2016 Prediction Thread

I'd watch for Legends. They are fielding their first full hornline and corps. They have an interesting concept that can work well.

They've been one to watch for a few years now. Mr. Sodawalla is definitely the right person to head that corps.

Hmm updating my predictions based on what I've seen/heard so far

1. Cadets - fixing all the issues that I think that they've been having for the past few years.

2. Carolina Crown - haven't seen all that much but I'm feeling the hype a bit more this year.

3. Blue Devils - From what I've seen so far, it just seems very.. formulaic and stale. Seems very similar to the past 2 years. Hope I'm wrong because I love their modern programming

4. Bluecoats - They've shown they can design really well, but I can't help but feel they're going to overdo it and end up being like Crown 2014

5. Blue Knights - Stellar show music, stellar modern theme. I can see them easily topping their score from last year.

6. Santa Clara Vanguard - Shroud of mystery. Landed here due to staff turnover

7. Cavaliers - Sickness hit them hard last year, I think they'll be a lot better though I'm iffy on the program itself

8. Phantom Regiment - Hurts to put them here. I'm sure they'll entertain me, but I don't know if they'll program well enough to be in the top 7.

9. Blue Stars - Seen most of this show from a bad angle, I'm impressed so far.

10. Madison Scouts - Lots of hype about these guys, I'm more inclined to believe it when I see it.

11. Boston Crusaders - Their show design has been questionable lately, though they have been one of the most entertaining corps for me the past couple years

12. Troopers - I just have that feeling that they'll finally push past Crossmen and Colts.

• Like 1

I'd watch for Legends. They are fielding their first full hornline and corps. They have an interesting concept that can work well.

And traveling farther than they previously have, I believe, with performances in S. Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.

• Like 1

And traveling farther than they previously have, I believe, with performances in S. Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.

Must have missed that. :|

Well then I echo what I said about Genesis for Legends.

Music City seems to have as well. And their first 4 or so minutes are sounding great.

OC had great representation last year, well deserved. Hope that continues. With Louisiana Stars heading up, should be fun!

• Like 1

Must have missed that. :|

Well then I echo what I said about Genesis for Legends.

Music City seems to have as well. And their first 4 or so minutes are sounding great.

OC had great representation last year, well deserved. Hope that continues. With Louisiana Stars heading up, should be fun!

The last couple years Genesis was at the July 3 show in Cedarburg, WI. Sadly not this year but Music City and Legends will be there. It's fun to get an early season look at some very good Open Class corps.

1. Blue Devils - 3peat

2. Carolina Crown - Just short again.

3. Cadets - Really strong corps in most areas (guard) but GE slightly lacking.

4. Bluecoats - Have strong design that keeps them near medaling.

5. Santa Clara Vanguard - Don't know what to expect from them, but I don't see them dropping from their niche.

6. Blue Knights - Haven't seen much to believe the hype, but no reason to think they can't reproduce a 6th place.

7. The Cavaliers - I know most of you think they are 9th or 10th, but I really like the GE possibilities and a healthier corps. If they weren't coming off a 9th place season I might have had them in contention for 5th. But I will follow BRASSO's keys to prediction success. So they only move up 2 spots.

8. Phantom Regiment - What are you guys smoking to think they are a double digit corps?

9. Madison Scouts - Good theme for them and you know they will play well. Only drop because The Cavaliers have a more consistent year. But their performance level is higher than last year.

10. Boston Crusaders - I'll buy in to some of the hype from [redacted] Liahona, and Craiga. I think they have a cool design and have high potential for visual GE.

11. Blue Stars - I didn't buy into the show last year unfortunately and this theme is abstract. Hopefully they do better than 11th though. I see them as high as 9 though.

12. Crossmen - In my opinion, it is their spot to lose. The theme is quite vague and they'll need a strong performance to make finals, but I think they can do it. No semi-finals deductions this year though, I don't think they have enough room to flirt with that.

13. Colts - I like their brass.

14. Troopers - Still good stuff for them.

15. Academy

16. Oregon Crusaders

17. Mandarins - Really liked them last year, hope they keep on improving.

18. Spirit of Atlanta - The show design is unfortunately subpar and that video of ensemble was not flattering. Hope for better from them.

19. Pacific Crest

20. Cascades - Last couple of years these guys have been really enjoyable.

21. Jersey Surf

22. Pioneer

Edited by littlejaw
  • Like 1

10. Boston Crusaders - I'll buy in to some of the hype from Ghost, Liahona, and Craiga. I think they have a cool design and have high potential for visual GE.

Easy LJ. I might be wrong, but your search should show I haven't been hyping any corps. Some glad to read they're ahead of previous years, windmills might be interesting, etc., but no this is the year they make strides. You might be thinking of another old dude.

Edited by Ghost

Easy LJ. I might be wrong, but your search should show I haven't been hyping any corps. Some glad to read they're ahead of previous years, windmills might be interesting, etc., but no this is the year they make strides. You might be thinking of another old dude.

Must be another old guy. I did recollect that you do post over every now and then.