DCI Live! 2015 Status and Assistance

Anyone know why no multi cam? Rain perhaps??

Okay multi cam working now... cool

I haven't yet done a live stream this year but want to sign up for the San Antonio show. I have an older macbook pro, OS 10.6.8, and reliable high speed wireless. Is this setup going to cut it?

Been using IPhone5, Airplay thru Apple TV

Had great feed from MN. Last night, it seems like there were some issues on the quality of the video to streaming translation as well as clarity of image. I am not sure f it was the multi-cam, or not. it seems the multi-cam has more issues then high cam.

Decided not to try the IPad process until the software is available.

IPhone's only have the 30 second rewind, which is very disappointing. Hopefully, this will be resolved when the IPad version comes out.

Been using IPhone5, Airplay thru Apple TV

Had great feed from MN. Last night, it seems like there were some issues on the quality of the video to streaming translation as well as clarity of image. I am not sure f it was the multi-cam, or not. it seems the multi-cam has more issues then high cam.

Decided not to try the IPad process until the software is available.

IPhone's only have the 30 second rewind, which is very disappointing. Hopefully, this will be resolved when the IPad version comes out.

The software is available. I've used my iPad Air 2 Saturday and Sunday through my Apple TV via Airplay and both shows went off without a hitch.

The software is available. I've used my iPad Air 2 Saturday and Sunday through my Apple TV via Airplay and both shows went off without a hitch.

Same experience Sat. and Mon. with the same hardware. I can't seem to get the image to go full screen (it matches the format of the iPad). Is there a way to change that?

Same experience Sat. and Mon. with the same hardware. I can't seem to get the image to go full screen (it matches the format of the iPad). Is there a way to change that?

Is it full screen on your iPad? If it isn't, Then that's the problem.

I want to pass along that I've sorted out the sound issues I was having!

Original problem: No sound from the DCI.org app on either the iPad2 (not Air2) nor the iPhone 5s when trying to connect to the TV via HDMI or mini-jack to RCA. Also no sound out from the speakers on either device. But oddly, connecting via bluetooth worked.

Solutions:

1. iPhone 5s had the physical switch for the ringer on "mute/vibrate" This didn't impact other apps, but shut the sound off from the DCI.org app. Switching that allowed for the phone to play the sound for the DCI.org app.

2. This led me to investigate the iPad2. The physical switch was set (by software options) to toggle the screen rotation. Again, this didn't impact other apps but did impact the DCI.org app as whenI switched it to toggle the Mute option instead and set it to play sound, Ta-da! Sound.

Working fine both from the device speakers and with the HDMI cable to the TV.

I alerted the Tech Support to this quirk in the app.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 2

I want to pass along that I've sorted out the sound issues I was having!

Original problem: No sound from the DCI.org app on either the iPad2 (not Air2) nor the iPhone 5s when trying to connect to the TV via HDMI or mini-jack to RCA. Also no sound out from the speakers on either device. But oddly, connecting via bluetooth worked.

Solutions:

1. iPhone 5s had the physical switch for the ringer on "mute/vibrate" This didn't impact other apps, but shut the sound off from the DCI.org app. Switching that allowed for the phone to play the sound for the DCI.org app.

2. This led me to investigate the iPad2. The physical switch was set (by software options) to toggle the screen rotation. I switched it to toggle the Mute option instead and set it to play sound. Ta-da! Sound.

Working fine both from the device speakers and with the HDMI cable to the TV.

Great! I'll add that advice to the OP!

I can't watch the stream today, I'm out of town and almost at my data cap, but can someone tell me if there are any issues with either the multi cam or the high cam?