cascades show preview.

What do I think? I think your somewhat deceptive thread title has caused 82 of us to click on the thread at this point, to read your post, and to be disappointed. All that followed by either internal self dialogue or audiable responses, or perhaps both. I said, "Really?". My dog looked up at me with that "Huh?" dog look and then put his head back down. He's cute.

What do I think? I think your somewhat deceptive thread title has caused 82 of us to click on the thread at this point, to read your post, and to be disappointed. All that followed by either internal self dialogue or audiable responses, or perhaps both. I said, "Really?". My dog looked up at me with that "Huh?" dog look and then put his head back down. He's cute.

Think I'm gonna like this guy. And, it is now 83 disappointed thread clickers.

This is funny and worth the click.

To add som substancce to the post, the Cascades have increased in size from a little over 80 members last year, to 125 members this year. The breakdown is 62 brass, 36 percussion, 24 guard, and 3 DM (I think I am right on the percussion and guard counts). Two brass players dropped in all-days, and two added alternates will be fully incorporated by Denver to solidify the full corps.

As a comparison, the members of the Cascades are younger than those of the Oregon Crusaders. However, retention of last year’s members is around 70%, which has allowed for the dramatic, yet smooth increase in size. The staff is largely unchanged as well, which furthers the positive jump this year.

The show, “Intergalactic,” is a weave of Holst, Sound Garden, Star Trek (old and new), and Beasty Boys. The uniforms are a significant departure from the last several years. I may opinion this is a fun and entertaining show.

I will let others critique the show design, uniforms, and performances. Responses have been very positive, and I look forward to seeing comments from drum corps fans across the country. Those involved in the organization are very pleased with the progress that has been made.

Regarding the actual Preview event, I had expected attendance would be around 80 people--based on past interest. I was pleased to see what appeared to be about 400 people. The Cascades staff did a fine job with the event.

Since I am the Cascades' Board Chairperson and I am on the Oregon Crusaders Board, note than this post is my personal opinion, not the organization’s statement.

Mike Bujnowski

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...