San Antonio Lineup

Never, ever been more nervously excited for a regional. Tomorrow is a huge day, a huge chance for some corps. I have a feeling there's gonna be some shock. Where, I have absolutely no idea. IMO all bets are off. See ya tomorrow on the webcast............got my new tv and my fantastic new sound bar hooked up, tested it out on Bluecoats 2014, and it sounds faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. Show still hasn't gotten old. :music:

• Like 3

when Troopers go on multiple hours after their closest competition... I think the scores from yesterday will feature heavily in the judges minds

Actually, you are incorrect.

The Troopers go on 1:08 after Colts, who they haven't lost to all season and beat by 3.90 two nights ago.

The Troopers go on 1:25 after the Academy who they have beaten all year until last night when they won by .25.

The Troopers go on 1:42 after the Blue Stars who they lost to by .85 last night and .5 the night before.

The Troopers will be just fine. If any corps is going on too late, it is the Colts, not the Troopers.

I was hoping for a short shift at work tomorrow but unfortunately I work until 7. You know where I'm coming as soon as I get home though! Super stoked for this show!

I too am excited! First time view of many of the shows. Really looking forward to it. Though the medaling corps are not set and everyone is excited about that, I also am excited about the race for the coveted 12th spot. Troopers, Colts, Academy, Crossmen - all knocking on the door.

I'd also like to wish the best of shows to my homies - the NW corps - Cascades and Oregon Crusaders. Though they are both better corps this year than last, both have stalled in their scoring and are lower at this time than last year. It doesn't really make sense. I really hope they both can get a bump upwards tomorrow.

Edited by luv4corps

For the Corps in the 9th- 15th range, this San Antonio Regional almost seems like its their first show of the season for the whole grouping of them. Basically, on any given day, they have rotated with one another up and down that 9th to 15th range, and several times too over the last month they'd all go up and down multiple placement positions within that 9th-15th range. This will be a good first test now for all of 'em, now that they are all together in one place for the very first time, going head to head now, and with an assurance of a full judging panel as THE most critical component of all this too, imo.

• Like 1

Unless scores go thru the roof today, we could be looking at the first time since 2004 where the San Antonio winner doesn't break 90.

• Like 1

For those wondering how the performance order was determined, and don't feel like clicking the link, here is how it was done......

That statement fits me to a "T." :smile:

Thank you, and I was wondering.

+++

This system seems well thought out FOR A REGIONAL. I would not like to see finals this way.

I know drum corps fans are not used to a competition where a true "draw" is used, which means the order of performance is randomly drawn without regard to performance. Using a modified version of the true draw rewards the corps for performance during the year and gives the audience an interesting lineup.

At finals, I want to see the corps compete with the corps closest to it for an A/B comparison. This is the most fair method for the corps which will determine the final placements.

Edited by wvu80

Actually, you are incorrect.

The Troopers go on 1:08 after Colts, who they haven't lost to all season and beat by 3.90 two nights ago.

The Troopers go on 1:25 after the Academy who they have beaten all year until last night when they won by .25.

The Troopers go on 1:42 after the Blue Stars who they lost to by .85 last night and .5 the night before.

The Troopers will be just fine. If any corps is going on too late, it is the Colts, not the Troopers.

True.

They way the Troopers were going, I was considering Crossmen and Boston as the most important corps to compare them to, but that might not be the closest corps anymore