San Antonio Lineup

Sometimes you get a bad spot, but if you do then you just have to go out and prove to the judges that you deserve to be placed higher in the order. I say give Academy, Colts, and Troopers a chance and we'll see if they deserve to be performing that late in the order. It will still even out in the end.

I think it's about time for the activity to have some changes happening in the top 12. I love the fact that Troopers, Colts, and Academy are trying to break in and shake things up. Whether their scores hold past this week or not, you can't say this is not helping the activity by having all this conversation going on. These groups work really hard to try to keep up with the changing activity yet put on a program that the crowd will enjoy and somewhat understand (compared to others near the top). You may not like all the electronics, singing, talking, etc. but these corps are trying to play by the rules yet continue to be something the crowd can talk about when they leave the stadium.

Go get 'em Troop, Colts, and Academy!

I wouldnt say that because they were in a regional that scored 2-3 points higher they are breaking in the top 12. Just means they go on latter in SAN ANTONIO. Its a long season . CROSSMEN were beating TROOPERS by 2 points 4 days ago and MADISON was beating COLTS by 3.5 , 4 days ago. in head to head contests. Before they split and Colts, Academy,Troopers went to Wyoming . It will all wash out one way or the other. Is it fair to the better corps missing rehearsal time because of . I am all for mixing up. Ialways thought you want people to get to the stadiums and buy goods. Fill that stadium early Draw all shows. Have BD ,cadets , SCV go on first if thats what they draw. And let Surf, BK , Boston et..... get some more rehearsal time here and there.

• Like 1

Keep in mind someone is not going to like the lineup because their corps got screwed with a bad marching slot.... But.... It really is done fairly over all. Each corps is placed in ranking groups of three and then randomly selected in one of those three time slots. For example, based off scoring Cavies, Phantom and Troop are 7-9 based off scores so when placed randomly in the time slots it was done fairly. Troop ended up drawing the 7 slot, Cavies and Phantom in the 8-9 slots. It won't matter... Judges do a great job and will be accurate. If a corps is deserving they'll place higher if not they won't. Let's enjoy a different landscape for a bit. Half the Alamodome attendees are late arriving because they come for the "finalist" corps- at the least this will give better opportunity for people to appreciate Academy, Colts and Troopers.

• Like 4

Every year folks get pissy about the performance order at regionals. Every year the scores stay pretty constant for the most part. It's entertaining reading some of this morning's rants though.

Reading the Minneapolis thread, it's also the same arguments, reasoning, conspiracy theories and every other excuse that has been recorded on DCP since this website first went online.

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 1

How did they break the tie between Oregon Crusaders and Pacific Crest who both scored 69.05 in Denver?

They tied for the 18th highest score last night. It seems that OC got the 18th spot and was drawn in the 16-17-18 group while PC got the 19th spot and was drawn in the 19-20-21 group. I could not find where they show the method for breaking the tie as it relates to the seedings for the random draw.

*Note* The Academy and Colts also tied but for the 10th highest score last night. They were both drawn in the 10-11-12 group regardless of who was determined to be 10th or 11th for the draw.

I really don't think performance order is going to impact the scores that much! This is no different than corps going on last at their home shows. Their scores aren't greatly affected. They are scored based on their performance. I was at Madison's two home shows this year and Colts home (sponsored) shows where the home corps went on last (after corps that were markedly better) and the home corps score was not affected or changed based on a previous show's score. Performance order had little or no impact!

Not true. It makes Judging and slotting corps , Leaving room to rank and rate very difficult. The reason corps are slotted in order for regionals is so it makes it easier for Judges to rank and rate. Out all corps close to where they belong with their peer group. Then judge the show and performance.

• Like 2

How did they break the tie between Oregon Crusaders and Pacific Crest who both scored 69.05 in Denver?

They tied for the 18th highest score last night. It seems that OC got the 18th spot and was drawn in the 16-17-18 group while PC got the 19th spot and was drawn in the 19-20-21 group. I could not find where they show the method for breaking the tie as it relates to the seedings for the random draw.

*Note* The Academy and Colts also tied but for the 10th highest score last night. They were both drawn in the 10-11-12 group regardless of who was determined to be 10th or 11th for the draw.

I think it's based off of GE to determine ties