I'm now getting to know the corps a little better since I've seen them a few times from the stands, on Youtube and DCI Live!

I loved Cadets from the first moment I saw them in Akron in June, and that hasn't changed. What has changed is that ending drill. Incredible!

SCV has really grown on me. The visual designer has done a fantastic job on utilizing the colors on the uni when the corps faces side or away. Very effective.

As per my usual, I love Phantom, in particular the Organ Symphony closer. I know the CG isn't scoring at the top, and know that I am not a CG person, but they look pretty good to me in telling a story.

I just love Crown this year. Maybe because the show looks a bit Old School to me (that is a supreme compliment) in that all they do is play and march their butts off. Their show never stops and I love their tune selections. This is my favorite show this season.

Bloo started off strong and I love their show one viewing and the next I'm a bit indifferent. That would be ME, not THEM as the problem. I love their brass, and drums are top notch as well, to my ears.

Cavaliers are not always my favorite corps. I am not a fan of the bicycle marching, I find it distracting. I know their brass is not scoring well, but you should hear them live; they have a fantastic sound.

Blue Devils is not my favorite show, again that is probably on me, I don't know their music that well. Their guard is absolutely the best and have a great look. They are so strong in every caption I would think they are most likely to win at the end.

Crowd: Someone at the venue needs to confirm this, but over my headphones in the live feed, I heard the strongest cheering and applause for Crown, and probably the crowd favorite was Bluecoats. It's hard to tell by cheering because when non-Ohio crowds cheer for them, the sound is split because they don't know whether to CHEER or yell BLOO.

Those of us in and around Ohio know its BLOOOOOOO! :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Does the way BD leaves all there stuff all over the field bother anyone else. I do think they have have some poor transitions. And don't under stand how they get away with it?

And GE 1 judge Still puts them first in GE Visual. Could you imagine if Cadets or a Crown had all that stuff on the field? They would get annihilated.

Edited by Tobias

Not sure how the Cavalier show is doing so well--man its hard to keep me engaged--boring

Thank God you're not a judge.

Edited by littlejaw
  • Like 1

If they do, please let him be on a pedestal or something to make him stand out visually.

Gack! There's no pedestal in hell!

Isn't a flaming bright red head enough for you guys? :cool:

How would Crown having a better guard run move their overall score up 0.8 to beat Bluecoats?

I never said beat, I said tied or been very close to Bloo. With having a better guard run would have helped there GE and Visual as well.

How in Dante Inferno's name did the Blue Devils not win this show tonight. They sounded absoltely amazing.

My apologies to anyone I'm offending, but if I had to pick the Cadets or Blue Devils to showcase DCI, it would be the Blue Devils. No disrespect to the Cadets, mind you. It's just that if it was only one corps/one show between the 2 of them, it would be BD.

Tonight is just another example of judges not scoring what they see and hear when they see and hear it. Performance order still is an influencer of the overall show outcome.

• Like 1

How in Dante Inferno's name did the Blue Devils not win this show tonight. They sounded absoltely amazing.

My apologies to anyone I'm offending, but if I had to pick the Cadets or Blue Devils to showcase DCI, it would be the Blue Devils. No disrespect to the Cadets, mind you. It's just that if it was only one corps/one show between the 2 of them, it would be BD.

Tonight is just another example of judges not scoring what they see and hear when they see and hear it. Performance order still is an influencer of the overall show outcome.

Because you disagree with it? Such "proof"

It's so cliche when people are about to be disrespectful and type "no disrespect mind you... but" -- CLASSIC lol

Either corps would be a wonderful representation of DCI. As would any of the others who performed tonight btw

• Like 1

My Awards so far:

Most Innovative: Blue Coats

Best Musicianship: Crown

Most Intense: Cadets

Most Talented: Blue Devils

Most Improved: Cavaliers

Best Drill: Vanguard

Overachievers: Blue Stars/Blue Knights

Worst Use of Talent: Phantom/Scouts (although both shows have very nice moments, I just wish they had better show designs)

The top 5 groups are a real pleasure to watch, I hope it's a 5 way tie for first.

• Like 1