GE Music- W. Dillon, J. Webb

Visual Prof- K. Miller

Visual Analysis- B. Mascaro

Guard- M. Gray

Brass- A. Cook

Music Analysis- J. Kennedy

Percussion- A. Kristensen, C. Rothe

• Like 1

This is a very tough judging panel draw for Pioneer, imo.

• Like 1

So I guess this is the official thread now. HYPE!!!

I like to support our SoCal corps but sigh...I don't see PC having a chance to move up at all. 2pt drop from their peer group at S.A. and now After Pioneer....

It is a tough draw, but the group was scoring much higher in some of the previous competitions. I think they can overcome the lineup if they can work out all the changes they put in the last few days, hit the mark on tuning and resolve the prop malfunction.

What's interesting to me, is that all of the scores from say 15 and up are getting higher for the most part. Mand. and OC are holding steady at 69.x and tied for over a week. I don't mind the tie, but I do mind that we all see they are improving, but no score increases for about 4 shows? That's just wrong. One of the tightest races will be 16-20 when you add in the OC corps. it should be interesting come finals week.

And Spirit gets ANOTHER unfortunate draw. Going into San Antonio, they were ranked (by looking at the Minnesota and DATR scores) 16th and went on 18th. They finished back in 16th. Now for Atlanta, they go on 18th again. Sigh -- can't catch a break.

But it is what it is. I have no doubt the members will rise "Out from the Ashes" and put on another fantastic show for the home crowd. <(

Atlanta Panel

GE Visual- L. Carlson, R. Kemp

GE Music- W. Dillon, J. Webb

Visual Prof- K. Miller

Visual Analysis- B. Mascaro

Guard- M. Gray

Brass- A. Cook

Music Analysis- J. Kennedy

Percussion- A. Kristensen, C.

Edited by jonwoody

I'm pretty confident that its the draw of the judges at Finals that has some bearing on the outcomes.. not these Corps Performance order positions drawn at shows here in July. Just ask the staffs at BD and Phantom in 2008 how they both felt about the luck of the 2 Percussion Judge draws for Finals Night in 2008. BD could not have drawn a worse Percussion judge draw, & Phantom a better Percussion Judge draw with the 2 Judges drawn. Phantom upset BD by 1 tenth at the Finals Championships, and in my opinion, with that small of a margin, the luck of the judge draw played a significant factor in that close outcome, imo.

As for these Regional draws, I think they have no bearing on the scores and placements. Troopers and Pioneer could not have had better draws for themselves within their pecking order of Corps yesterday in the San Anton Regional. Did it help them ? No. I don't see any evidence of it. Madison had a bad draw within their mix of corps yesterday. Did this draw hinder in any way their score, placement? No. I don't see any evidence of it here either. I look at the scores and placements and see no evidence at all that a Corps draw had a thing at all to do with their final placement with the judges. if we go back to the historical archives, we see no corelation whatsoever between a position draw and placement. And when we get to Finals Night, we see that the draws a Corps had earlier in the season at these Regionals had absolutely no bearing at all in their Finals placement at Championships.

judge draw aside, BD could not have had a worse performance that night.