Drum Corps Genie RETURNS!

You have begun to wonder whether you would ever see Drum Corps Genie again. But there you are, at a show, buying souvies, supporting the small corps, and you are thirsty, so you buy a bottle of water. Imagine your surprise when Drum Corps Genie pops out of the bottle and invites you to make a wish.

You may reverse any rule change made in the last twenty years of DCI, with the following two exceptions:

1. You may not wish to go back to G bugles. Sorry.

2. You may not wish to eliminate all amplification. You may, however, seek to eliminate certain effects which amplification has made possible, but only ONE.

Should you try to repeal more than one rule change, propose a new change of your own, or violate either of the above provisos, the Genie will send you to every DCI show for free, but in every case you will stand five feet directly in front of the Side 2 sideline amp.

For informational purposes it would be great if you say WHY you desire a certain repeal. But the Genie does not require it.

The field is yours.

Edited by mfrontz

You have begun to wonder whether you would ever see Drum Corps Genie again. Bit there you are, at a show, buying aouvies, supporting the small corps, and you are thirsty, so you buy a bottle of water. Imagine your surprise when Drum Corps Genie pops out of the bottle and invites you to make a wish.

You may reverse any rule change made in the last twenty years of DCI, with the following two exceptions:

1. You may not wish to go back to G bugles. Sorry.

Well, if I can't get the Genie to do my wish, then I stick his head back in the bottle, screw the top on tightly, toss the bottle in a nearby trash bin, and go buy myself another bottle of water that has a more obedient Genie in it that can follow my simple 3 commands.... and I want my money back on the other useless Genie in the bottle too. ( ok, so maybe I consider it a donation, and don't ask for a refund. )

Edited by BRASSO

Are partial reversals OK? I would wish to reverse the rule allowing for the use of electronics to forbid samples only, such that no prerecorded material is permitted during the judged performance: everything we hear (after the preshow) must be performed live by a member of the corps. Those corps who feel they absolutely must include such material in their "collage" would have to weigh the G.E. advantage they hope to obtain vs. the penalty they know they'll receive.

• Like 3

I want my Genie to bring back Fan Network with Archives, and Live Stream 24 hour Playback.

I am putting my Genie in direct competition with Santa Claus for my wish.

Head to Head Competition can oftentimes bring desired outcomes, imo

• Like 4

Return to the tick system & full judging panels for every show.

• Like 1

Eliminate all synthesizers.

• Like 2

The only audio sound coming from the field would be from a bugle (current winds ok) or percussion instrument (NOT to include synth or bass guitar)