Hattiesburg Happenings (July 22)

I will disagree, not tacky at all.

The scores are not being released in the stadium, and many people on-line just want to get scores and go to bed.

NOT getting scores from a spectator's point of view is as easy as PUT THE DANG CELL PHONE DOWN!

it's not about US - it's about the DM standing there representing their corps awaiting the results & a live audience

turning that into a "farce" where folks already know the results kills the buzz big time

you can go to bed and get the scores in the morning - they will be the same :)

• Like 4

I'd rather just get the scores ASAP from my phone than continue to listen to some HS stadium announcer milk every last second of his 15 minutes of fame and draaaaag out every score for "dramatic effect". No disrespect intended to the few professional announcers that work for these shows.

it's not about US - it's about the DM standing there representing their corps awaiting the results & a live audience

turning that into a "farce" where folks already know the results kills the buzz big time

This. Exactly what I was thinking, Most people are a considerate audience, but there is always that one jackass, and it only takes that one jackass in the audience to ruin it for the kids on the field.

• Like 1

Ouch! I mean, does it really matter? Thank god they are back on the field.

In that case, why bother giving them a score at all?

That said, you're right that my comment was out of place. The most important thing is indeed that the corps has reappeared. That's all the more crucial with today's sad news about Coastal Surge.

• Like 1

With the talks about southwind im sure this is being talked about on open class but

Today at noon eastern time, Coastal Surge officially disbanded.We thank all those who have supported us throughout our brief existence and will never forget the memories created.

well, crap that sucks

The "folks" have total control over what information comes out of their smartphone. Not all "the folks" get out their little telephones and tune into DCI for scores during the retreat.

I don't consider it a farce, because the drum major still gets to listen to the cheers of the crowd while representing his corps, and if I'm listening the scores in the stadium, they get my applause. I'm sorry you think its a farce.