Hattiesburg Happenings (July 22)

Troop has sone dirty feet tonight. :(

If jersey surf beats pio at the end of the year I'm calling this slotting. They sound and look better but get the ###### end of the stick because they are used to putting them lowest. This group has cleaned the drill a lot and it sounds better than SA.

I'm going to watch them during INT. Glad they are doing well.

Viewing Troopers and Colts back to back (during), Troopers have a much stronger production and Colts and much much cleaner. Both sound fantastic.

\

I think I read they [southwind] have 56 members. Keeping it small and manageable for now.

I counted 54, but it looked like there was at least one hole.

I was so disappointed with what I saw on the field at Lafayette Monday night, that I cancelled my planned trip to see the Hatiesburg show

You didn't comment in the Lafayette thread, so it's hard to guess what so disappointed you about the show. I don't see how that night's champion, Carolina Crown's "Inferno", is any more "artsy-fartsy" (a word you've used to describe modern drum corps) than Cavaliers' "Four Corners" (2001), a show which you have identified as a favorite, even though its music is much less hummable, for instance, than what Crown is performing.

This is my favorite Madison show since 2005

• Like 2