Hypothetical Cadets Uniform Question

...when the corps preaches expanding boundaries, seeking to be innovative and always at the forefront of change, etc, but then creates an automatic and unbreachable restriction when it comes to making any sort of wholesale changes to the corps uniform?

Question: do you NEED to have a uniform change to expand boundaries, seek to be innovative, and always be at the forefront of change? Or, is a uniform change done just because everyone else is doing it?

• Like 1

Question: do you NEED to have a uniform change to expand boundaries, seek to be innovative, and always be at the forefront of change? Or, is a uniform change done just because everyone else is doing it?

That's a really interesting take and I kind of agree with you. With so many corps changing their unis, it's sometimes hard to argue that a uniform change is "innovative." But you can also look at it from another perspective. The innovative aspect isn't the uniform change itself, but what you can DO with that change. If a uniform change helps the Cadets bring something new to the field (thinking like how they simply added one color in 2011 and did something awesome with that), then that could be considered innovation as well.

You all are misunderstanding his question. This is HYPOTHETICAL. Whether Hop is going to do it or not is a totally different conversation. He just wants public opinion on the reactions that would occur IF the Cadets changed the unis.

Well in that case, I'd be all for it. I've never been against corps experimenting with their uniform. Though I don't know if this is the right show to do it, if they did I'd probably dig it anyway.

I guess I hadn't heard of these rumors.

My questions is what would an all black uniform bring to this show? Just because it's Shoshtakovich? If so, that seems rather Phantomy.

Bluecoats have the best uniform, lookin sharp, even the guard is funky and relevant. I dont like the cadets old school, they should tweak the white pants and update the tops.

Not sure if this is anything, or perhaps just GH pushing the rumors, but I did just get an email from the Cadets advertising their "Black Friday" sale. And the interesting part was all the pictures were gray scale with the text all in the neon color scheme. Not saying it means anything, but just reporting.

Oh, and to actually address the hypothetical question, I would be totally OK if they changed the uniform up in this way. At the end of the day, as long as they are still a Cadet style uniform, I don't think there is much to get upset about.

They've already added a ton of black to their show so the rumor might be correct. New guard uniforms look very nice as do the new silks. If they continue with the current color scheme and they do indeed get new uniforms I would bet that they would be all black with a neon green cumberbund

Hypothetically speaking, I like waffles.

Bluecoats have the best uniform, lookin sharp, even the guard is funky and relevant. I dont like the cadets old school, they should tweak the white pants and update the tops.

Bluecoats look great

However we don't need anymore corps in dark colors hiding dirt. JMO