Darn Good Drum Corps in Dublin - official thread

Pray for rain. lol

...at the next outdoor show you attend. And not on anyone else, just you under your own little thunderstorm.

LOL

But thanks for the support; it looks like Mother Nature has overruled you.

LOL

• Like 2

Please post a photo G of you patting yourself on the back! Hope you all get a large crowd.

Ticket sales are WAY ahead of prior years and, if past pre-show/day-of-show sales ratios hold true we'll have our largest turnout ever.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Plus they are with Crossmen which is who they have to catch right now so we will see if they can make up some ground heading into Indy week.

Indeed. Comes down to who's got the ability to maximize the ingredients they have to work with. My take:

Crossmen: Clean and smooth, leading the group in execution, with a drowsy show lacking a knockout punch. Can they coast into finals cleaning an already clean show? With 11 days until prelims, do Xmen have something up their sleeves? Is fiddling with the closer, or some other new ingredient, too risky? Is simply adding fff enough? Or has this show topped out?

Colts: Finishing strong, as usual. The crime story seems as muddled as ever -- a guy, a doll, a gun and that's about as much as I can make out -- though the corps projects plenty of '40s atmospherics, and perhaps that's enough for a show with more energy and memorable moments than Crossmen. Feels like there's room remaining to take this performance higher.

Troopers: Improved visually, especially since San Antonio, but still playing catch-up. Strongest front-to-back programming logic, with impact points aplenty and the most ambitious music book of the group. Troop has the most room for visual cleaning and individual marching improvement, and it will be needed in order to unlock other captions. Can better execution help this show grow through semis?

In a season when almost anything can happen -- and has -- on any given night, the boundary between Friday and Saturday may be determined by the smallest of influences: performance order, stray radio frequencies, the judging panel, or the presence of a single hole.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

Indeed. Comes down to who's got the ability to maximize the ingredients they have to work with. My take:

Crossmen: Clean and smooth, leading the group in execution, with a drowsy show lacking a knockout punch. Can they coast into finals cleaning an already clean show? With 11 days until prelims, do Xmen have something up their sleeves? Is fiddling with the closer, or some other new ingredient, too risky? Is simply adding fff enough? Or has this show topped out?

Colts: Finishing strong, as usual. The crime story seems as muddled as ever -- a guy, a doll, a gun and that's about as much as I can make out -- though the corps projects plenty of '40s atmospherics, and perhaps that's enough for a show with more energy and memorable moments than Crossmen. Feels like there's room remaining to take this performance higher.

Troopers: Improved visually, especially since San Antonio, but still playing catch-up. Strongest front-to-back programming logic, with impact points aplenty and the most ambitious music book of the group. Troop has the most room for visual cleaning and individual marching improvement, and it will be needed in order to unlock other captions. Can better execution help this show grow through semis?

In a season when almost anything can happen -- and has -- on any given night, the boundary between Friday and Saturday may be determined by the smallest of influences: performance order, stray radio frequencies, the judging panel, or the presence of a single hole.

Granted, I'm just a little bit biased but I really think that out of this group, the Colts have been the only one that has just steadily increased over the last few weeks. If you look back at scoring, there has not been an up one night, down the next like the others. They are just point by point, increasing each night which is a great sign (at least for those of us hoping the Colts can pull this out). The staff appears to be listening to the judges, taking in what they are being told, and making changes everyday and it has not hurt them by not seeming prepared for each night's performance. Their staff really seems to pull it out of these kids near the end just coming up a little short last year. I'm hoping that since they caught Troopers earlier than last year, that it will help to guide them towards that elusive top 12 spot. Who knows, maybe we can have a 3-way tie for 12th! :)

• Like 2