Darn Good Drum Corps in Dublin - official thread

We got there a bit before 5:30. Went in and 'shopped' the souvie tents, took our purchases back to the car and then waited for food. By the time I got my food we had to wait in the tunnel during the playing of the national anthem. There was barely enough time to shop and get food before the event started. But wow, the food was awesome, the workers for the event very courteous and of course the corps were phenomenal!

Thanks very much for the feedback.

To clarify, the stadium was cleared just before 5:00pm (and just before BD's ensemble run-through :ninja: ) and then reopened at 5:30 to ticket-holders (prior to 5pm the stadium was open to watch rehearsal). We had some pre-show entertainment outside the gate greeting fans but the pre-show inside the stadium (The Saints) didn't begin until 6:40pm and the banner went off exactly at 7:00pm.

It sounds like you like to window shop - maybe the souvie area is best left to the guys (run in, grab what you need, get out!)

Oh, for the future, the souvie trucks were required to be in place at noon, day of show. Although difficult for most fans because it's a work-day it was possible to "window shop" for most of the afternoon.

• Like 1

It sounds like you like to window shop - maybe the souvie area is best left to the guys (run in, grab what you need, get out!)

Oh, for the future, the souvie trucks were required to be in place at noon, day of show. Although difficult for most fans because it's a work-day it was possible to "window shop" for most of the afternoon.

True! I tend to visit with the people at the souvie trucks too. Good to know that the trucks are there early! I wish more events were as dedicated to details as this one. Congratulations on a very well run event!