Darn Good Drum Corps in Dublin - official thread

One of these days, I'm going to have to make the trip . . Make it a long weekend - Murfreesboro, Atlanta, Charlotte/Winston-Salem, Dublin.

Over the course of eight days, there are five shows within about two hours' drive of my home in Cleveland: tonight in Dublin, tomorrow in Erie, Avon Lake on Friday, Pittsburgh on Sunday, and Massillon on Monday.

And earlier in the season, there were shows in Akron and Bowling Green. (I missed only the latter because I was out of town.)

Ohio is very fortunate in drum corps programming!

• Like 1

Spot On, barigirl78!

It's one of the consequences of scoring everyone so very tight, perhaps in effort not to make anyone too unhappy. I think I'm seeing the same tendency in DCA. I really don't know how to protect against such an issue, but yes, this year's Indy action might well be determined by one person's mark. One person who chooses to deviate a bit more boldly, shall we say.

In Atlanta, for the two GE captions where there were two judges for each, the two judges agreed in placement for just two corps:

• Carolina Crown, where both GE 1 judges had them #2 and both GE 2 judges had them #1.
  • Pioneer were in last place for all judges.

For 12 of the corps, both judges in each GE caption disagreed in placement. There is more disagreement for the middle to lower corps than the top corps.

The percussion judges disagreed in the placement of 13 of the corps. The biggest disagreement involved a four spot difference. One percussion judge put the Academy in 17th, the other in 13th.

With that much swing, it's no wonder some placements have been flip-flopping.

• Like 1

The food trucks are a hit! I think you will need to book ten trucks for next year. The lines go on forever!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Dublin Coffman High School stadium, site of tonight's 2015 Emerald City Music Games DCI competition! I'm your host, Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I'll be providing you LIVE From the Stands coverage of tonight's performances! It's a balmy and overcast 85 degrees for the start of the show and Pioneer is taking the field as I type this. Get ready for some great performances tonight!

• Like 1

By the way, my Internet connection is currently horrendous so updates will be spotty until I can figure out why.

Pioneer's drum line is HUGE this season. 5 basses, 9 snards, 4 tenors, 5 cymbals on the field. Add to that 15 pit and three drum majors and they're loaded for percussion this season.

The corps starts backfield before turning forward with the opening statement, very Egyptian in nature as befitting a story about the Exodus.

The synth sound used really doesn't sound good and is overpowering the pit.

Drum line gets a feature to open the first full movement of the show.