Allentown questions

I'm heading to Allentown for the first time. I was wondering about the parking situation there, is there a trick to finding a spot or do they have enough lots at the stadium?

There are no lots at the stadium. There is parking around the area, particularly at the fairgrounds at the top of the hill above the stadium's rear entrance, and past the cemetery. That will be a (somewhat) short walk. Otherwise, it's all neighborhoods and commercial parking lots (some will have pay-to-park, others will be closed).

Edited by Kamarag

I suggest the streets above by the cemetery. Easy parking, short walk, easy out.

• Like 1

We almost always park off of Hamilton Blvd and walk thru the park. It can be a bit of a walk, but depending on how much of a rush you are in, you can enjoy some of the early corps warming up and guards rehearsing while walking thru the park. The worst part about this is, the hill of death inside the stadium.

Depending on where you are staying, this could be your most direct route in and out of the area tho. It is a short drive down Hamilton, past Dorney Park, to route 22.

I'm heading to Allentown for the first time. I was wondering about the parking situation there, is there a trick to finding a spot or do they have enough lots at the stadium?

If you are going to be in the upper stands...then I suggest parking up and behind the stadium...when you get to the fire station...coming from Dorney Park side...make a left and go up that hill...plenty of parking up there on the street...I used to have a secret spot up there...unfortunately DCI figured that out and now they have a sign for it...lol

If you want to watch warm-ups...the corps will be in the park all along Hamilton ave...the street in front of stadium will be blocked off for corps trucks etc....so don't bother with that...also don't get scammed into paying for parking...they have a racket going for regulars that pay to be close to stadium down below...it really is just as close in the back of stadium...but directly in back is for handicap parking...so that's why I said you need to go up the hill from the fire station.

oh and btw...across town (not too far out of way) at the mall parking lot is an awesome all you can eat buffet that is cheap...called Golden Coral...I usually feast myself to that and make myself sick in the process...lol

Hope this helps.

I have a question about the line up. It looks like this:

Friday, July 31

6:30 PM Welcome and National Anthem

6:40 PM Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI
6:57 PM Cascades - Seattle, WA
7:14 PM Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
7:31 PM Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
7:48 PM The Academy - Tempe, AZ

8:05 PM Intermission (17 min.)

8:22 PM Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI
8:39 PM The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
8:56 PM Blue Knights - Denver, CO
9:13 PM Santa Clara Vangaurd - Santa Clara, CA
9:30 PM Blue Devils - Concord, CA
9:47 PM FREE Players
10:04 PM Cadets 2 - Allentown, PA

10:21 PM Awards Ceremony

What is actually going on at 9:47? What does FREE Players mean?

I have a question about the line up. It looks like this:

Friday, July 31

6:30 PM Welcome and National Anthem

6:40 PM Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

6:57 PM Cascades - Seattle, WA

7:14 PM Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

7:31 PM Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

7:48 PM The Academy - Tempe, AZ

8:05 PM Intermission (17 min.)

8:22 PM Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

8:39 PM The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

8:56 PM Blue Knights - Denver, CO

9:13 PM Santa Clara Vangaurd - Santa Clara, CA

9:30 PM Blue Devils - Concord, CA

9:47 PM FREE Players

10:04 PM Cadets 2 - Allentown, PA

10:21 PM Awards Ceremony

What is actually going on at 9:47? What does FREE Players mean?

I believe it's a YEA urban dance group. If it's the same group that performed at the show in Allentown in June, they are very entertaining.

• Like 1