Thursday at the Theater

Throw them for a loop. I always tell kids behind me "thats my brother you are badmouthing....do want to say that to my face?" and they tend to quiet down.

eh, i didn't care what they were saying very much. anybody who takes the time to trash any drum corps is a child, no matter their age...these just happened to be teenagers.

it was more that they were talking non-stop during performances. grrrrr.

• Like 1

Movie tavern in Fort Worth. Mostly all adults, a smattering of kids here and there but all were respectful. I got to sip a beer, eat dinner and watch drum corps all night (no video or sound issues in our theater). Good audience reactions and cheering at right moments and for favorite moments and corps.

My only complaint would be the camera work. I think we saw a minute total of Colts drill and marching because the camera shots focused on the three characters in the guard and close ups of the radio show actors the entire time. Missed big hit moments and final moments of closer action because of close ups of individuals throughout the night. Why do we not get high camera for these things if we are supposed to have an experience as though we are in the stands?

Movie tavern in Fort Worth. Mostly all adults, a smattering of kids here and there but all were respectful. I got to sip a beer, eat dinner and watch drum corps all night (no video or sound issues in our theater). Good audience reactions and cheering at right moments and for favorite moments and corps.

My only complaint would be the camera work. I think we saw a minute total of Colts drill and marching because the camera shots focused on the three characters in the guard and close ups of the radio show actors the entire time. Missed big hit moments and final moments of closer action because of close ups of individuals throughout the night. Why do we not get high camera for these things if we are supposed to have an experience as though we are in the stands?

That all depends on where you sit at a show. If you sit down closer, you see individual people and more of the detail. I sat 15 rows up at the Ga Dome on the 45. You can't see the forms, but you get your face peeled off by the sound! The direction of the shots last night was pretty bad. Two or three close ups per performance is enough. The rest of the time should be mid range shots that show particular areas and high cam.

Savoy 16 (basically Champaign, IL). 12 Young People came in after intermission and talked incessantly between and during performances. Yelling between rows of seats, getting up during corps, etc. I moved and it wasn't as bad

Where the h#ll are the parents??? I was surprised there was nobody under 20 at my theater, but school just started this week so I doubt anybody was allowed to go out all night on a school night.

My wife and I went to the AMC theater in Paramus,N.J. last night to watch BLL.

When we got there it wasn't on their board.

We went to the ticket window and got told they canceled it.

Apparently they decided sometime over the weekend to drop it at this theater.

This seemed kind of wierd since most of their ticket sales are "at the door".

To say the staff was less then helpful would be an understatement.

We asked if they knew any other theaters in the area that were showing it.

What do we get told "we've had several guests ask that same question".

All she could tell us was other theaters in the area owned by the same chain.

Maybe its me,but if the question came up before we got there,by more then one person,maybe someone could have checked so they could tell other people where they could see it.

We never heard of canceling something like this.

Just wondered if it ever happened to anyone else.

We hauled ### to another theater.Fortunately it was playing there.

We got to our seats just when Acadamy hit the field.

Edited by rpbobcat

I had a disappointing night at my theater. This is the first year there have been two theaters showing it (different chains), and I sure hope there were more people at the other one. This theater used to have a big, loud crowd and last night there were about twelve of us - mostly over 40, one kid, no teenagers. The big bands in our area rehearse into the evening & usually some of them come in late, but not one kid this year. The other theater has reserved seats and sells beer and wine, so I may have to check it out next year. Part of the fun has always been the excitement in the theater, and while I'm happy there weren't any jerks, I missed the crowded days.

As for the broadcast, they had way too many closeups, and I may never forgive them for not showing a single shot of the Calgary Stampede Show Band. I was really looking forward to seeing them, and I know there have to be some devastated families that expected to see their kids on the big screen. The
"In Memoriam" with the Scouts singing though......made my heart happy.

The theater here in Charlotte was a little over half full, I'd say. Seemed like one large group of high school kids and then a pretty broad age range, I'd say. Crown was clearly and obviously the favorite here. Because we're right in Crown's backyard, I'm surprised there weren't more people in attendance.