Final Finals Predictions!

My statement wasn't meant to be intentionally rude or insulting. It's also not directed toward the members.

It's just a result of logic according to my opinions towards the show designs. If that makes any kind of sense.

I just don't think any of these top 4 programs could have competed with many of the winning programs in the last few years.

Name one winning program since 1998 even, that might have lost to one of these top 4 of this season. I can't think of one. This is why the scores are so low. You can call it spreads, or you can call it a "reset" based on a corps last year almost breaking the scale, but I doubt the winning corps this coming Saturday will break 97.5 +/- .25.

I don't think they're bad shows, I just think this season the design took a step back in a lot of the top 12 corps. Maybe it's to find a "new normal" given the 99.65 last season.

Design staffs are searching for new ways to express ideas and to compete at the same time. It's not easy to do that, so to find that combination, new ideas have to be tried.

Even SCV staff has put something fresh on the field.

I think a new era of DCI has arrived. I think we're going to see a lot more variety in the way show ideas and concepts are realized and communicated. I think we're also going to see a lot more fresh, new ideas and artistry.

It's going to better the activity and draw in more fans. I bet we're going to see some shows in the next 4-5 years that will be worthy of Pulitzer prizes.

But as far as this season, it's growing pains for what we're going to see soon.

I guess no one else wanted to touch this because you are so incorrect in your assertions. But this is complete ########. You must not be watching what is on the field, think their are definitely 4 championship contender this year for any other DCI year. 2012 BD, 2013 Crown, 2001 Cavaliers, 2011 Cadets, 2000 Cadets and Cavaliers, and 1999 BD and SCV would all have problems with the top 4 this year.

2012 BD, 2013 Crown, 2001 Cavaliers, 2011 Cadets, 2000 Cadets and Cavaliers, and 1999 BD and SCV would all have problems with the top 4 this year.

That right there is an absurdity. None of the shows this year could even TOUCH those that you listed. Not even close. All of them would fall at least 2 points short, except for this year's Blue Devils which might close within 1 point.

Cadets' show is a split personality/schizophrenic design that I called for 4th before the season began, and I'm still calling it for 4th with a possible tie for 3rd.

Crown, while pretty good, is just too traditional and uni-dimensional to compete with the above listed historic programs.

Bluecoats, well what they're doing on the field is revolutionary. Absolutely incredible. I just don't think it could compete with the above listed. But I do think they will overtake Cadets or possible tie.

But no, none of the shows this year would be able to beat the ones you listed. To say that they could is a travesty against those programs. Would you really insult those historic performances by comparing them with today? Or comparing ANY other performance with them? There are a handful of shows that just cannot be compared to anything else. It would be blasphemy.

To stay on topic, I'm still holding with my previous final Finals predictions.

I'll also list my original prediction which I proclaimed on June 17th.

New Old

1) Blue Devils 1) Blue Devils

2) Crown 2) Bluecoats

3) Bluecoats 3) SCV

3) Cadets 4) Cadets

5) SCV 5) Cavaliers

6) Blue Knights 6) Crown

7) Phantom 7) Phantom

8) Scouts 8) Blue Stars

9) Cavaliers 9) Blue Knights

10) Blue Stars 10) Scouts

11) Boston 11) Boston

12) Crossmen 12) Crossmen

Yes I am calling Bluecoats and Cadets for a tie. I'd like to see all 4 of these corps medal.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

1. Blue Devils....just too good

2. Crown...they are the only ones who can beat BD.

3. Cadets...another bronze.

4. BCoats...Top three just to good to make the medal round.

5. SCV...why did this show peak too early?

6. Blue Knights...future threat to the top 5. They are GOOD!!!

7. Phantom...

8. Cavaliers..

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Stars

11. Boston Crusaders

12. Crossmen

Switch phantom and BK and I agree
  • Like 1

1. Blue Devils....just too good

2. Crown...they are the only ones who can beat BD.

3. Cadets...another bronze.

4. BCoats...Top three just to good to make the medal round.

5. SCV...why did this show peak too early?

6. Blue Knights...future threat to the top 5. They are GOOD!!!

7. Phantom...

8. Cavaliers..

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Stars

11. Boston Crusaders

12. Crossmen

I think they were just a significant step back from last year, which is a real shame, they had my 2nd favorite show last year

I am curious about how Lucas Oil might impact the effect of the performances, most notably for Bluecoats. You have a whole lot of people in that stadium who have never seen these shows live, if at all. You could see a little Spartacus effect in Indy for Bluecoats.

I really think they can pull out another 2nd place finish if not first. I don't know how many of the Tilt members aged out, but I really think that the members that were there last year will really lead when it comes to Indy. I personally think their show is incredible(granted i'm a huge bluecoats fan) and they could really make some magic happen on Saturday night.

Here's my prediction:

1: Crown

2: Bloo

3: Blue Devils

4: Cadets

5: SCV

6: Blue Knights

7: Phantom Regiment

8: Cavaliers

9: Madison

10: Boson
11: Blue Stars
12: Crossmen

1-4 is still a toss up. Anything can happen come Saturday night. And the scores are not what really matter. Every single one of these kids put on incredible shows this year. No doubt about it.

• Like 1

It's finals week

corps performing on fleek

there really ain't no winning streak

this activity ain't for the meek

leek

1. The Blue Devils 97.85

2. The Holy Name Cadets 97.75

3. The Holy Name Blue Coats 97.7

4. The Holy Name Carolina Crown 97.65

5. The Santa Clause Vanguard 94.9

6. The Blue Knights 93.3

7. The Cavaliers (Im prayin hard) 92.25

8. The Dietary Regimen 92.0

9. The Blue Stars (Still prayin) 88.95

10. The Madison Scouts 88.9

11. The Boston Crusaders 88.85

12. The Colts 88.0

• Like 1

IMO--with the current judging system and wide variations in style to judge, anything within a point is a tie. Any judging panel is a random sample of all judges and we know judges vary in their rankings of the corps. Thus, a random sample of 1 or 2 judges per caption out of all the judges available is bound to have a certain sampling error, statistically speaking.

Mind you, I have not done any calculations of what the actual statistics. I'm speaking theoretically. We may even have changes in order of the top 4 and maybe even the bottom four over the three days of competition.

That's my prediction.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1