Staff changes 2016

This is the kind of geeky list-thing that I would normally find appealing. But the lack of respect for our peers and friends, and the general lack of concern for they and their families well-being often expressed in this thread are often too much for me.

I understand, I was hoping for an official only thing, mostly cause it's interesting to see how staff moves around the activity.
  • Like 1

I'm willing to make a topic that tracks all the staff changes but

1. People are going to have to point out the changes for me. School's starting soon, I'm not going to have time to do that myself

2. Whatever changes people do point out need to be OFFICIAL and not speculation.

Awesome! It can be like the 2016 Program and Playlist thread, so only official announcements should be posted, and keep the discussion about the changes in the respective corps threads Edited by Clutchtow
  • Like 1

To be clear, I get the interest and historical value of knowing who is on staff during any given year. But I don't think I could personally stomach the constant speculation, rumors and people actually rooting for others to lose their jobs.

Good luck to whomever takes on the task.

• Like 6

I hate to burst your bubble but I dont think JD is coming back. As you dont know the whole story you need to stop the speculation. If he does I would fall over in my rocking chair, As for board bashing you dont know what happens in the meetings or what is discussed as it should be. As a member of the board for a number of years many times tough decisions were made. I have no current knowledge of what is happening but I know they will try to make the right decisions in the best interest of the corps. It may not be what you all are suggesting. Many factors go into choosing new staff as to how they fit, availabilty, money, philosophy and others. So we will have to wait and see.

Say what you like, but take the name Ferrell out of the picture both board and staff wise, and I'd bet a lot of money that you would see major positive changes.

• Like 1

To be clear, I get the interest and historical value of knowing who is on staff during any given year. But I don't think I could personally stomach the constant speculation, rumors and people actually rooting for others to lose their jobs.

I'm making the topic. I'm going to make it extremely clear what is appropriate on that thread and what isn't, don't worry.

Say what you like, but take the name Ferrell out of the picture both board and staff wise, and I'd bet a lot of money that you would see major positive changes.

Seems to me that despite all the staff change we have seen at Regiment over the past three to four years, they remain competitively relevant. They are not top five level right now, but year in, year out we can count on them to entertain and end up top seven or so. Whoever is running things in Rockford is not doing a bad job.

You have my like on that post...as well as my earnest respect.

Hey, do you all remember how much fun it was in the Regiment before Dan came back? 10th place in 86, almost calling it quits before the 89 season. yep, lots of fun.

I wonder how many of the people calling for his ouster actually marched under him? I did, and I only remember people respecting the hell out of him, myself included. He and Jim Wren WERE the identity and driving force behind the Regiment hornline. Granted, it's been over twenty years since I was involved with the corps but all of the recent demonization of him on DCP feels very foreign to me.

• Like 2