Cadets, Back to Maroon and gold please?

I don't think unis make any difference regarding score determinations. It's how you perform in them is what they are looking at. A corp could be in all black and still win with an outstanding performance (hence 1996 Phantom).

Edited by afd
  • Like 1

I don't think unis make any difference regarding score determinations. It's how you perform in them is what they are looking at. A corp could be in all black and still win with an outstanding performance (hence 1996 Phantom).

Agreed. I think it's more of an issue for Cadets fans/alumni. Getting clean should be the priority now.

I'm not a designer. I'm a college student that enjoys listening to drum corps.

I think you're missing the point of this activity which is to make the musicians better musicians (and the colorguard better dancers, spinners, actors, etc). I don't think this activity has ever been about teaching people how to design shows. If they want to learn to design shows, they can join the staff once they age out of the corps.

This once again is someone who has never designed...for sure..or tried and no oone wanted them. They do not get that the members are with staff a very short time to learn a show and get on the road. They also dont get the idea there's a time to learn then if one choose a time to teach. designing does not come to everyone and teaching technique is gold in this activity.....I could never see this person on any staff. could you imagine?

Maybe he should tell his boss how they want to be involved in their job instead of a focus on their own . Im answering your post because it's pointless to answer theirs. I posted in another thread why they thought ( to help his cause ) anyone should listen to his strong, not opinion but statement on how he thinks it should be and of course no answer.....lol not that I expected one. Hes not stating " this is my opinion " That's the reason I asked why, whats behind it , experience etc etc..no answer..lol

Anyone can have an opinion regardless of experience, he's calling out the activity and thinks he knows how it should be run, hysterical.

He's either the biggest troll to hit the internet Or a plant from a corps to drum up laughter. I can tell you the Cadet staff and any members who see his analogy of the show is peeing their pants. ( unless he one of them..hmmm...lol)

Edited by GUARDLING

I don't have that strong of a prefernce either way for the corps proper. However, I hated the original guard uniform. Red and Maroon do not look good together!

New guard colors are a huge improvement.

• Like 1

Although the cadet Uniform is iconic and tradition ( theirs , not the worlds ) The Cadet makes the uniform not the uniform the Cadet. Not everyone can just suit up and BAM youre a Cadet, It's far more than that and far more than just the fabric....JMO

FHNSAB...regardless of uniform choice for a season.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the colors are MAROON and gold. And I wouldn't count on them going back this season.

You know Tekk, I have also had some feelings about the BD uni getting a bit away from its "bad ###" look to these more flamboyant color schemes of late. The guard has always been out there and this doesn't apply to them, but I think a return to the subtle blue, black, white is in order. The inside of the sash colors were cool and mirrors on the inside of the sash for 2010 was spectacular, just think this is the one place tradition works for me. Having said that, I liked the Cadets black uni when it was revealed, but now I just think it's burying the "brand".....if you know what I mean.

Edited by Plan9