Judging Panels for Finals.

There are judges more predisposed to being more favorable, or unfavorable, to a particular Corps show in a given year. This is not speculation. It is based on substantive evidence. We can go back and look how a particular judge evaluated Corps thru the course of this season to get their tendencies. A " tendency " is not determinative however with that judge. They could change their mind. But a tendency is self explanatory too. It does give us a glimpse as to where they are leaning going into the new show with a judge with that Corps. And if I'm for example a Bluecoats Alum, Parent, Fan, etc do I want my judge to have a tendency to ( pardon the pun ) tilt in my direction, or tilt the other way ? There's no conspiracy here either. Its just the subjectivity of it all coming to the forefront where even the judges are human and are subject to their own personal likes, tastes, preferences, when totally dissimilar things are presented to them to tell us which ones they like better than some others.

I'm curious; if there is such a predisposition, if the predisposition carries from one year to the next.,..If a judge shows a predisposition to a certain corps during this season, do they have the same predispostion to the same corps in the past few seasons?

sorry...double post

Edited by G-Rott

Name one percussion judge that consistently puts Cadets up top? Name one brass judge this season that consistently put Crown brass up top with a significant gap?

Name one percussion judge that consistently puts Cadets up top? Name one brass judge this season that consistently put Crown brass up top with a significant gap?

maybe Jeff, but to be honest that caption is the one that is hardest to call right now. it could go 4 ways

There really aren't any Cadet, Crown or Coats hacks that i can think of.

That's a little convenient, don't you think? Could it be that judges simply are attracted to a certain style rather than a corps? Surely, if some judges are "apparently" biased towards a corps, there HAVE to be judges that have similar biases towards other corps.

That's a little convenient, don't you think? Could it be that judges simply are attracted to a certain style rather than a corps? Surely, if some judges are "apparently" biased towards a corps, there HAVE to be judges that have similar biases towards other corps.

Cadets and Crown and Coats don't always win. Ergo, no bias :)

Cadets and Crown and Coats don't always win. Ergo, no bias :)

That seems to be the weird, convoluted logic on here.

Jay Kennedy is on MA, Paul McGarr is on Brass and JP is on Percussion 1.

Splian...

I meant BD leaning judges. Hack is a bit disrespectful.

:lol: