Final Order range of Top 5

I highly doubt it. The 4th place Corps tomorrow nite I'm pretty sure will be more than a point out of first.. and thus out of contention. There has never been a 4th place Corps in the Quarters that has ever gone on to jump pass 3 Corps between the Semi's and the Finals for the Title. 2015 won't be the first either, imo. But... as they say... time will tell.

I should've clarified. I think there will be a battle between 4 and 3, and 2 and first.

BD 1-3 (depends on GE panel)

Crown 1-3 (depends on GE and Percussion panel)

Cadets 2-4 (depends on GE and Guard panel).

Bluecoats 2-4 (depends on GE and brass panel).

SCV 5

Above all assuming optimal performances by all.

Flying to INDY tomorrow!!

I almost completely disagree :)

Except the lock for SCV in 5 - they seem quite steady in that spot

The rest are all possible for 1-4 spots IMO

I still think Bluecoats will be the "surprise" of the week either surging to #2 or possibly taking the Gold

BD has the advantage for Gold due to no real weakness

• Like 1

I highly doubt it. The 4th place Corps tomorrow nite I'm pretty sure will be more than a point out of first.. and thus out of contention. There has never been a 4th place Corps in the Quarters that has ever gone on to jump pass 3 Corps between the Semi's and the Finals for the Title. 2015 won't be the first either, imo. But... as they say... time will tell.

1996 Phantom Regiment

August 15 DCI World Championships Quarter Finals Orlando FL 4th place 94.600 (tied with Madison, as I recall...)

August 16 DCI World Championships Semi Finals Orlando FL 3rd place 95.500

August 17 DCI World Championships Orlando FL 1st place 97.400

It has happened!
Edited by scouttimp

This is one of the most competitive and exciting years I've seen in my 38 years of marching in and following drum corps.

So I think there are going to be some surprises.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the title will go to the only one of the 5 without a title yet. This happens to also be the corps that I think has the best overall program. They also perform the hell out of it.

1. Bluecoats Wins GE, 2nd in visual 3nd in music

2. Crown weak percussion cost the title

3. Blue Devils misses out on an unusually weak GE score

4. Cadets 7th in guard and visual dirt leaves them out of the medals.

5. SCV a couple points out the top 4

Edited by bluesman

I should've clarified. I think there will be a battle between 4 and 3, and 2 and first.

Yes... I think thats what we'll see too

1996 Phantom Regiment

August 15 DCI World Championships Quarter Finals Orlando FL 4th place 94.600 (tied with Madison, as I recall...)

August 16 DCI World Championships Semi Finals Orlando FL 3rd place 95.500

August 17 DCI World Championships Orlando FL 1st place 97.400

It has happened!

Hey.. Good find as a matter of fact. (' had forgotten about that year ) Phantom did not go from 4th in Quarters to win it all outright 2 nites later ( they shared the Title with BD on Finals Night,.. a tie for the Title ), but it HAS been done ( once ) before in the 3 nite format. So I stand corrected.

1. BD. Consistent. No big weaknesses according to the sheets. Will place no worse than 3rd in any caption, and those will be small margins.

2. Coats. Solid in all captions. I think they over-perform in a couple subcaptions and squeak out a silver

3. Crown. Drum score deficit will be too much. Unlike 2013 I don't see them putting up a few 20's and winning brass by .3 to offset it.

4. Cadets Guard score a killer. Will just miss the bronze by the slimmest of margins.

I think it will depend on the panel, especially Color Guard and Percussion, but it could be a wild card such as Visual or Music Analysis. This is up in the air, but and this is a big BUT, if BD wins tomorrow by .8 or more, it's over. I think there will be three specific things to watch.

1 - GE. Is it a jumble of numbers or are things across the board in placings. To me this will indicate who the judges think has dialed in on their show and unless someone comes with an awfully flat show the next night, a set of numbers that are mostly 1s, with maybe a couple of 2s sprinkled in will indicate that and as long as it doesn't fall flat, it won't vary much over the next two nights. If the numbers vary, that means all bets are off and it's the best performance every night and who knows what will happen! The biggest thing I will look for is Bluecoats score in GE. If it's no worst than 2nd or 3rd, then they are hitting the recorded sounds with the "played sounds" and the judges/audience reactions are in sync. If it's 4th or worse, then it's not working. There are a lot of behind the scenes stuff here, meaning, judges, officials, directors, audience - who believe they are fighting for the future of Drum Corps and the direction it's heading, playing or playing part of the time with recorded sounds and/or amplified sound (if you want more bass, turn up the channels the contras are playing on, or don't worry as much about dynamics, we can create them.

2 and 3 - Color Guard and Percussion. We all know these are the bane of Cadets and Crown this year. If Cadets pull at least 3rd or Crown can slot in 3rd or 4th, then we have a big time battle on our hands and everyone should be excited like no other time in DCI.

Any other category, watch for someone who suddenly jumps to unknown places in their scores and the relationship to its cousin categories (upstairs vs. on the field categories). Remember they all have different things they are supposed to be watching for (individual vs. group), but they have inter relational parts, so what is seen and heard up top does relate to what is seen and heard on the field, in music and visual. If those are far apart then there are some real discrepancies as to what is being heard and seen, not impossible, but should be improbable.

Quarterfinals

1. Cadets

2. BD

3. Crown

4. Bluecoats

Semis

1. BD

2. Crown

3. Cadets

4. Bluecoats

Finals

1. Crown