OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

If Crown takes back brass or guard tonight they will win. If not it will be too close to predict and less than a tenth between first and second. I'm pulling for Crown, but BD have made me love their show this week and if they win it will be well earned as well.

As some have said in other threads, always blame the Russian judge if you don't agree with the outcome. You're never wrong that way, and your opinion is totally justified :happy:

As some have said in other threads, always blame the Russian judge if you don't agree with the outcome

Or the PSI air pressure levels in a cold and weathered pigskin.

This is who will win DCI finals.

There are some who say that who will win depends on the judging panel at finals and has little to do with each corps performances that night. Let’s take a look at this angle. This is a complicated situation. There is one equation (DCI winner) with 10 unknowns (judges). The number of combinations is at least in the millions. It’s really less than that because every sub caption will be in the high 90s out of 100. Let’s narrow it down even more to the 2 captions with large recent spreads, GE Music and Music Analysis, and the one important wild card in the recent past, Percussion.

Percussion. The drum judges for finals are the same as for Atlanta, Prosperie and Rothe. Prosperie had BD over Crowne by .9 and Rothe had BD over Crowne by .4 .

At semi's, Kristensen had BD over Crown by .5 and Dunn had BD over Crown by .5 . If the overall drum spread goes from .5 in semi's to .65 (like it was in atlanta), the .15 increase means BD TIES overall, compared with the .15 overall win by Crown in semi's. Don't forget, Caleb Rothe runs the So. Cal indoor drumline circuit. At least 5 or more of BD's current drumline marched in that circuit last winter. Could that have an influence? Maybe, maybe not.

For Visual Analysis, the last time Tim Ochran judged both was Buffalo, he had BD up by .6 , the same spread as Torchia in semi's. So that looks like a wash. So, along with the drum judge changes, it's still a tie.

The other biggest spread was GE music. Nola Jones had Crown up by .6 . All the other GE judges had a .1 or .2 spread. Last time i find Ken Turner judging GE Music for both is San Antonio. He had BD over Crown by .1 , so if Turner takes Nola Jones' spot, BD goes from losing that GE music spot by .6 to winning by .1 ,then BD WINS OVERALL BY ABOUT .7

So based on this, the finals panel does favor BD. If this is true, I will win the lottery next week and move to the French Riviera the week after that.

By the way, this is who i think will win. It’s not necessarily who i want to win. And there are still 2 other corps in this mix. If George goes back to the old uniforms for finals, this could be a totally different story.

I'm hoping for a Bluecoats come from behind WIN! :tounge2:

I hope so too...but take a medal as a win for the corps. Crowns brass is just too good and the Blue Devils always seem to make the top 2.

Without the penalties, not a single one of the 25 Corps in the Quarterfinals would have changed positions in the Semi finals. If judging panels were such a big deal as some here think, we would have seen shifts in placements from Quarters to Semi's. But despite the wholesale complete change in the entire judging panel from Quarters to Semi's there was virtually not a single change in placements in the 25 Corps. We might have a change of 2 placements at most tonite. We might have none either. The same scenario we had from Quarters to Semi's.

• Like 1

Bloo was 4th after prelims and 3rd after semis.