OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Go back and look at Cadets 2011 championship show and you will see almost identical integration of guard and corps. George has mentioned many times that when the guard is not integrated like that the judges blast them for it.

There's a balance. Last season Cadets opened with a huge guard feature. 40 flags performing very pleasing and beautifully executed feature. Guard judge says, ok Cadets, love it. You have my attention. We had none of that in 2015. Similar staging as 2013 which was another horrid guard.

... this is the dirtiest Crown has been since I can remember, maybe since pre horse show........ I think DCI may have dodged a bullet having this show first on the dvd.

First of all, what DVD?

Second, once they edit a single note they might as well replace as much of the show with prelims or semi-finals as they please. It's either a true record of the performance or it isn't.

The numerolgy geeks would wet themselves over the Cadets show and all the hidden meanings.

Also, their closer was at 226 bpm, which also equals ten. 2 + 2 + 6 = 10. :silly:

The ballad this year?

It was balanced and I liked the song, but it was not delicate. Maybe I have the disadvantage of not seeing it live, but the volume and the tone was far from the nuance the Crossmen or Blue Knights. Crown can almost have this same criticism in recent years, however I the they held back in the ballad this year to avoid this very criticism.

First of all, what DVD?

Second, once they edit a single note they might as well replace as much of the show with prelims or semi-finals as they please. It's either a true record of the performance or it isn't.

Zing! Ha

Yeah giving the soloists their best night on whatever they release has always bothered me. On field electronics wouldn't be a rewardable risk if there's the possibility of a negative outcome. On that note (heyo!) DCI really ought to consider at least regulating or limiting electronics and prop use, even frequent/mid-season uniform changes, more strictly. You know that's coming out of the kids' fees.

I like Brandt Crocker MUCH better when he delivers in a calm, business like manner (like at retreat last night). His growling corps introductions, on the other hand, are so redundant and obviously contrived. Gets on my nerves. I'm all for keeping BC in the booth, but I really wish he would return to his delivery style from the 80s.

He also pronounced Willie's name wrong at his last DCI show ever. Argggh!

and then..........Scores of first 6 corps prematurely released through electronic reporting process.

You DO remember that those "scores" were about as accurate as Helen Keller deciding between 2 colors, right??

Someone probably hacked the site.