Carolina Crown 2016

So folks here think crown should do Barber/Bartók and recreate the 93 program or are you just hoping Medea is referenced by Crown in an othewise original program

Edited by George Dixon

Honestly, any other corps playing Star 93 would feel blasphemous. But Crown... Oh boy haha. I'm ready for one hell of a season

Not only because they play with the same (or new and improved technique), but also because they are leaps and bounds more talented and refined as musicians than we were. They wont get a lot of the cool parts water hosed outta the show like we did and they'll also be able to play alot more of the details of the original that Jimmer wouldn't have dared to put on our plate. I'm proud to see them continue the legacy and challenge their kids in ways we had barely begun to dream of. I cant wait for this summer. If this is indeed in the show, i just may be obligated to make it to Indy this year for the first time in forever.

• Like 1

Not only because they play with the same (or new and improved technique), but also because they are leaps and bounds more talented and refined as musicians than we were. They wont get a lot of the cool parts water hosed outta the show like we did and they'll also be able to play alot more of the details of the original that Jimmer wouldn't have dared to put on our plate. I'm proud to see them continue the legacy and challenge their kids in ways we had barely begun to dream of. I cant wait for this summer. If this is indeed in the show, i just may be obligated to make it to Indy this year for the first time in forever.

Just watching some of the lot videos from Crown's hornline last year had me incredibly dumbfounded at what they were able to achieve. I'm looking forward to what they do this season.

Crown playing Star is a huge deal -- I don't think they've touched any of Star's material since the current design team has been in place.

And for them to choose '93...

Kazowie!!

It's gonna be something :-)

I really really wish they would do Belashazzar's Feast. I honestly cant believe it hasnt been touched again in 26 years. So much great music in the original. A corps could do an entire show out of material that Star didnt even touch in '90. Still my favorite Star show and 1 of 2 corps that year that convinced me I had to be a part of this great activity.

• Like 2

Just watching some of the lot videos from Crown's hornline last year had me incredibly dumbfounded at what they were able to achieve. I'm looking forward to what they do this season.

No kidding. I'm not even sure I'd be allowed to carry a cone as an alternate. It just occurred to me though that technology today helps the corps in off season preparation like never before. Even so, I would've been extremely lucky to be in any of their recent lines.

I really really wish they would do Belashazzar's Feast. I honestly cant believe it hasnt been touched again in 26 years. So much great music in the original. A corps could do an entire show out of material that Star didnt even touch in '90. Still my favorite Star show and 1 of 2 corps that year that convinced me I had to be a part of this great activity.

Agree. Patiently waiting for them to revisit it. So much untapped potential in BF. But I guess I can settle for hearing that glorious Medea hit :-)

• Like 1

No kidding. I'm not even sure I'd be allowed to carry a cone as an alternate. It just occurred to me though that technology today helps the corps in off season preparation like never before. Even so, I would've been extremely lucky to be in any of their recent lines.

At least you guys got to experience being part of a drum corps. i didn't even know what drum corps was or how to get involved until i was too old to be a part of it. i think i would have LOVED to be part of a corps - especially one of the great ones!

• Like 1

A lot of it had me questioning how the heck I played a brass instrument lol...

• Like 1

The day it happens is the day I die a happy man. That would be INCREDIBLE.

If Crown wouldn't I could see Cadets doing it as well. That would be the definition of glorious. That's the music I have been waiting to see revisited for a long time.

• Like 1