Carolina Crown 2016

Cue Crown antagonists to say just because they did something in a warmup doesn't mean they have the best guard yada yada yada...

Nah i rather save the yada yada yada for BD antagonist whenever they do anything at all. And Crown's guard has major skills. Super talented group of performers.

• Like 3

Since everyone is debating about who has the best guard you might wanna check out Crown's Facebook page for their warmup.

After being forced to do a bit of faux colorguard in high school, I find all guard things to be amazing. Doing that kind of stuff while moving is crazy

• Like 1

Call me biased but I really want more out of that Medea chord at the end. In one of the vids, it almost looked like the crowd was standing in anticipation of a big discordant payoff and instead they revisited other parts of the show. It's obvious the end is merely structural and will be fleshed out later. I'm looking forward to hearing those late season updates.

Saw them for the first time tonight in Bentonville....that brass.....amazing...They weren't as clean as BD, but there's so much more room to grow and clean. They certainly have what it takes to take the title this year...they just have to keep at it..adding and changing some things like they did last year around this time turned the tide and it could happen again, even more so. I think they're brass so much better this year, and I think the same with the percussion. Just wish I could watch them again live and in person. But sadly all the rest of their performances are too far away to attend.

Crowns drumline is outstanding this year. Snares & tenors are great. I am rooting for them to win drums.

• Like 1

I am so proud of the drum line as they have really stepped up. I hope they continue to bust their humps and pull 1st or 2nd come finals night and send shock-waves thru the DCI world, as Crown will officially have top 2 slots in colorguard, brass,and drums.

Also, when do you all predict the new ending will be added? I'm predicting Atlanta. I read a post on Bloo's facebook page that said they have lots of big plans these next few rehearsal days, so that leads me to suspect their new ending will be unveiled this weekend. I think both Crown and BD's will wait to Atlanta.

I am so proud of the drum line as they have really stepped up. I hope they continue to bust their humps and pull 1st or 2nd come finals night and send shock-waves thru the DCI world, as Crown will officially have top 2 slots in colorguard, brass,and drums.

Also, when do you all predict the new ending will be added? I'm predicting Atlanta. I read a post on Bloo's facebook page that said they have lots of big plans these next few rehearsal days, so that leads me to suspect their new ending will be unveiled this weekend. I think both Crown and BD's will wait to Atlanta.

Last several years BD has waited till the TOC in Buffalo which is few days before finals to unveil their new ending. Think they will do the same again this year. I hope so.

I think crown makes Bluecoats book seems under designed in both difficulty and musicality. Bloo looks like a very good open class guard by comparison imo. The music is so repetitive I'm not sure it has the range of expressive qualities to compare " musicality" But to each there own. Crown is one of the few guards that really really interprets the music. But then again crown is one of the few corps that actually play "music" it's a wonderful marriage.

Well that must be embarassing, seeing as Bluecoats have beaten Crown's guard more than once this season....

Well that must be embarassing, seeing as Bluecoats have beaten Crown's guard more than once this season....

Using "Open Class" in the same sentence as Bluecoats for any aspect of this show is laughable. Bluecoats is very intentionally approaching a DCI show from a different perspective, in every way possible. Their guard design is not the same as Crown, but it's every bit as challenging. In some cases moreso. While I prefer the full corps style of music, there isn't an open class corps in DCI history that could play this Bluecoats book without crapping out at the eight minute mark.

• Like 1